Offline / Send Message
fritz polycounter lvl 18
Post deleted by fritz

Replies

• retleks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    retleks polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds like the point order may have gotten fudged. Have you read the max to zbrush pipeline docs(are there any) at Pixologic.com? Maybe there will be some help in there?
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    no i haven't. just seeing what others may throw in this thread. btw, i checked out your homepage. i just would like to say that it's awesome to see someone make a model of the "ichi the killer" guy. good job. great movie.

thanks for the reply
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    If it's anything like the problem I had with maya and Z, it was fixable by exporting the .obj file from maya, reimporting it back into maya, then exporting again. The point order was being flipped on import, so importing it twice got it back to its original state and worked fine in Z. It was down to the way maya's .obj importer worked, so I don't know if it's going to be the same thing for you. Might be worth a try though. Btw, wrong forum fritz laugh.gif
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    oops....could a mod throw this in 2d/3d dis? sorry, i put it in the wrong place. oops!!! sorry!
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    tried that CoT. thanks for the response. the model wasn't so jacked this time BUT....the detail in my higher sub D was no longer there. is there a quick way to just move full parts around in zbrush? i mean all i have to do...literally is just move the legs a bit forward and up a bit and scale.

i guess i could do that on the final geo before i normal map....hmmmmmm.