Home Technical Talk

I need a few tips ...@@

pillowsama
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
pillowsama polycounter lvl 17
Hi guys, this is my first time posting here. I have a few questions since I am quite new to 3D. Would anyone please offer some tips to add hair onto this guy right here? I normal mapped the guy so I don't want to temper with the edges, but that's only because I am not sure if it will mess up the normal map. Please help me out ...

takeshifrontrender4xh.jpg

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wrong forum, this belongs in the Pimping section. A mod will move it for you though.

Looking good for someone new to 3D. I'd say first off the colormap is photosourced, you'd do better with a hand-painted map. Ears are a bit thin. Looks like he's missing eyelids. To balance out all the detail in the center of the face, you should add some more segments to the top of the head, the silhouette is looking very segmented in comparison.

For hair, do a search in this section. Several posts about this recently.
  • pillowsama
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pillowsama polycounter lvl 17
    thnx a lot ! mm, actually this is a handpaint texture .... O.o... and I seemed to have screwed up his eyelids you're right. Thank you very much. Also I kept the polygon count on the head low because I was thinking I would cover it with the hair, but i'm not sure if that is the case.