Home Technical Talk

what other program lets you do this with motion

Sage
polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Sage polycounter lvl 19
Hi I was just talking with Bronco about an animation problem he had. Anyway it got me thinking about something I used to be able to do when I animated an object and I'm wondering if this can be done in any other 3D animation program as well. In Infini d I used to be able to move an object from point A say the entrance of a room to the end of the room, pointB at the end of the animation. Thar would create a motion path which can be toggled on by most apps. The thing I have not been able to do directly in Max is manipulate the motion path directly like I would in Infini-D. In Infini-D every time you made a key frame a vertex point appreared on the motion which would let me build up the path however I saw fit very quickly. In Max I have not been able to do that so I was wondering if it was possible to do that without drawing out a path with the line tool and linking an object to it with the path constraint controller. Oh feel free to name any eexamples of how this can be dones in any other Animation program. Also how do you keep the speed of an object constant along this path. I have tried linear and contant on it but it always seemed to speed up at the end. Thanks.

Alex

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    you have to activate motion panel->trajectories to display the curve and then click on "sub-object" (located above the trajectories-button, ingenious UI design...) to be able to edit the curve itself. now you can select existing keys in the viewport or add/delete from the motion panel.

no problems with controlling the speed here, linear does the job for me.