Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Werewulfthingy

XepptizZ
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
XepptizZ polycounter lvl 17
Probably doesn't cut the mustard over here, but I'm fine with it.0001babla2ua.jpg
01babla8du.jpg
001babla8gl.jpg

Replies

• Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, if it doesn't cut the mustard all the more reason to post, get critiques from some of the best. smile.gif THat's why I post here.

As for your model, posting the polycount of it as well as a wireframe would be very helpful. The model shape lacks a lot of deffinition, and the texture is very plain, it could use a fair amount of work. Add in some more details, variation (kind of looks like he's wearing a jumpsuit to me atm).

Anyways, not much I know, but hopefully it helped. Looks like you've got a good start, keep it up. smile.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, don't give up now!

Looks like you got the brushes from Poop's tutorial and gave them a try. Now keep going! Try using lots of short strokes instead of such long ones to emphasize his short, mangy fur. I know it seems like a majro pain in the ass now to paint the hair, but it gets easier the more you do it [just like everything, right?]

Be sure and throw in some more colors than just the shades of that one brown... a nice cream for some lighter fur, maybe a dark reddish brown for up on his back/thighs. Get crazy with it!
  • XepptizZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, don't give up now!

Looks like you got the brushes from Poop's tutorial and gave them a try. Now keep going! Try using lots of short strokes instead of such long ones to emphasize his short, mangy fur. I know it seems like a majro pain in the ass now to paint the hair, but it gets easier the more you do it [just like everything, right?]

Be sure and throw in some more colors than just the shades of that one brown... a nice cream for some lighter fur, maybe a dark reddish brown for up on his back/thighs. Get crazy with it!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, it's rather obvious on the legs so I'll try to brush it out more. As for the colours, I'll come up with something interesting for the team skins :P

Also, the brushes are great!

Oh yeah, and the polycount is around 850, I just aplied a meshsmooth to make purdy renders :P
  • XepptizZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a shot without the meshsmooth and I gave the arms and legs a bit of an overhaul. Oh yeah, and changed his brows a bit.
    0001babla1vh.jpg
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Hey not bad! This would benefit from some alpha mapped planes fo sho!
  • XepptizZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thnx;

Now with muscly attenuation

I know the back of the leg is a bit bare, it's being taken care of.
    http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3548/01babla6bt.jpg 01babla6bt.jpg
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Hey man that is looking pretty good - especially the back. One thing that stands out at me is the UV problem on the top of the shoulder.

Keep it up.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    He looks better without the meshsmooth.

He's getting there, keep on pushing it.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Those are some really loooong phlanges there on the feet. Maybe having them start at the last bend before the claws would make it look less "stretched" in that area.
  • XepptizZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thnx Y'all. Without these fora I'd have gone with the first version long ago :P.

As for the legs, i inched the UV's so taht the top leg fur uses more of the image, succesfully densifying and destretching the area. It didn't change too much, but with the Ooo's and aaaa's I've been getting from the gaming forum I figured taht I can be happy with the result, for now anyways.