Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New Model with a smile

Krisonrik
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Krisonrik polycounter lvl 17
This is my lastest model. No texture yet. This time I post the wireframe of the model. (Thanks you Daz for teaching me the method). What you are seeing is the model after Lv1 subd smoothing. HuiScreen.jpg

Replies

• Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Hey man. So, in order to get to the root of any problems, you really need to post some shots of the unsubdivided model. The topology is pretty haphazard here, and I'm suspecting that there are a lot of non quads in your base mesh perhaps?
  • Krisonrik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes sir... a lot of none-square.
    LowPolyHui.jpg
  • GLandolina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GLandolina polycounter lvl 17
    yep those are going to destroy any chances of decent animation, topology is pretty bad
  • XepptizZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XepptizZ polycounter lvl 17
    His ear looks very undetailed in comparison with the other parts.
  • Krisonrik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see... well I have no indept experience in rigging and animation. So I should keep the cage with all squares so it would make a better model for animation? I know of realized not to create those triangles as I modeled through last few faces. But certain areas just gives me headaches. The corner of eyes, lips and tip of nose. I know I lack of proper modeling techniques. Please help ; ;
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    check out this forum called Spiraloid. Its mainly a modeling forum. Then check out every thread in the past year. Eventually you should be able to figure out the difference between ugly topology and good topology. Then just try to use the same meshflow as the really good models you see.

Heres a link to WIP area of the forum:
    http://cube.phlatt.net/forums/spiraloid/viewboard.php?BoardID=3
  • Krisonrik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    His ear looks very undetailed in comparison with the other parts.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes.... indeed. Ear is such a twisted shape. I had hell of a time trying to make good looking ear in low polygon cage. So I left it untouched this time and try to use Z-brush to detail the ears in high polygon model.
  • Xeto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xeto polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yes.... indeed. Ear is such a twisted shape. I had hell of a time trying to make good looking ear in low polygon cage. So I left it untouched this time and try to use Z-brush to detail the ears in high polygon model.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should watch out for that. learning to model all parts is going to help you more. Also, modeling the ear in max is going to give you a much better base for Z-brush. Here, check out this tutorial:

Ear Modeling

All modeling skills are important. Z-brush is a tool to enhance, not an alternative to modeling. Well, even that's starting to change now a days I guess. Either way, check out this guys full set of tutorials. You may find some help there.

Modeling Help

Aslo for the topology of the face, this may help you out a bit...

poly_regions_thumb.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I was just trying to find that shot and Xeto saved me the trouble. It's a great example of demarkation for facial topology. Topology definitely is something you need to work on Krisonrik, so study as many wireframes as you can. Plenty of cool links here for that. Also try the cgtalk thread in the maya section on body topology.