Home General Discussion

won a lottery ?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Fuse polycounter lvl 18
Not sure how many gearheads there are here, but this was a cool clip from Fifth Gear.. a jackpot winner wants to finally splurge on a sportscar, but the bloke knows little about automobiles .. ahh choices choices ..

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/04-14-06pagelotterywinnercarshopping.htm

if only we could be burdened with such difficult decisions .. smile.gif

how about you fellas?

Replies

• Toomas
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    I would pick F40 because its raw and scary. And it does not scream new money either laugh.gif
  • LordScottish
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    I wouldn't feel very comfortable driving that much money all day. I'll just take the new ford mustang shelby gt 500 then laugh.gif
    Honestly, I don't think I would spend more than 80'000$ on a car ever, even if I had the possibility
  • Fuse
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    well the man seemed very sensible about spending his money, but i guess the time came when he decided to treat himself on something impulsive like a sports car ..

i actually applaud the man for showing interest in the aston, shows good taste, that car has tons of personality, although it wasnt really a fair comparison to the f430.. if he is indeed getting one in grey, then he surely doesnt intend to me showy with the auto.
  • LordScottish
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    Yep, the Aston is a very nice option.
    I like some of those cars a lot, It's just that I would be very afraid to scratch it or do any damage to them. Too much afraid to feel comfortable driving them. It's like wearing a 10'000$ watch. I love the sophisticated technique of these, but I wouldn't want to wear one because of the danger of loosing them and then wanting to kick myself into the face for it lol

And although modern sports cars like the Ferrari F430 sound awesome, I still like the rough sound of old american cars a lot smile.gif
  • flaagan
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I'd rather save a boatload of money and just get myself a c6 z06... right up there with a bunch of those cars.... and can easily be bumped up to 1000+ bhp if you so desire.... and I know I can actually fit in a c6 (tall as / than Clarkson...) smile.gif
  • Daz
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    The trouble with owning any of those cars in Britain is that you couldn't park it somewhere for 5 minutes without someone running their keys down the side of it.
  • Fuse
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    that's unfortunate daz frown.gif , i had something similar happen to my friends s500, someone decided it would be fun to scratch up the trunk panel thoroughly..

people these days
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    In my area I see Hummers, Lambo's, Porchas, Beemers and Bentleys nearly every other day. Theres a shite load of rich dumbfucks living in the postcode next to mine.

I know it may seem kind of lame compared to all the super cars in this thread but if I won the lottery, I'd by a Citroen CX25 GTi (after buying a ridgid airship and a fleet of monkey bikes)

cit.jpg

By chance, one was parked outside my house the other day. Last thing I thought I'd see in Japan, must have cost an arm and a leg to import. Also the car park it's in, costs $1 every 12 minutes
  • KeyserSoze
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Hawken, I have three words for you: WHAT. THE. FUCK. That thing looks like a retro-futuristic hatchback station-wagon from the 70s... I don't see the appeal.
  • flaagan
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Hawken, would you park that next to your solid gold DeLorean?
    That thing's awesome laugh.gif
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I guess it's all I would be able to afford after my zepplin