Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2D concept--Future Ninja

Replies

• Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    Perhaps just a longer katana, not necessarily bigger. Perhaps the muscle suit could be used for swinging and slashing a light-weight, incredibly sharp (al la the assassin ninja from Batman Beyond), katana at blisteringly fast speeds, instead of try to heft, and move around a giant weapon. I guess the weapon you decide to go with will decide his fighting style, and personality. Is he the type to brandish a massive weapon for intimidation, and effect? Or is he silent, sleathly, quick, and agile?

Curare, from Batman Beyond: http://www.batbeyond.com/episodes/atouchofcurare.php3
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks guys! There is only one little thing I'm going to change on this image for now, but I think it would be cool to do seperate designs for different weapons.

I can't tell you how pleased I am that I finally came up with something that works as a concept. There are only a few designs that I have done that I thought were really rock solid, so I had my doubts about whether it would happen with this one. I think I am starting to hit on a consistant method, so hopefully my stuff will be this good in the future!
  • SuperOstrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperOstrich polycounter lvl 17
    I'm diggin it. Nice work!
  • Zcubed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zcubed polycounter lvl 18
    Very slick! The shading, color selection, and pose are all great. Nice work. grin.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    New hand looks much better.

you also added a bit of extra cloth under his left knee. you can't fool me!
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Ha ha, yeah. I changed the left leg on the original, but I guess I hid a layer when I was fixing the hand, so that is the last part I'm going to fix.

[edit]
    I made that last little change.
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slaught polycounter lvl 18
    Ye gods.
    Awesome work ninjas!

I doubt the white will hide him very well while he´s hanging under a dark ceiling or something tho laugh.gif
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    jaij.. like the last one a lot.. only the skin looks still a bit odd.. but hey... it´s just such a little part wink.gif

and the "stuff" in the lower left corner is realy cool.. but it would be nice to see it also somewhere in the empty space on the top.. i knew it´s from the jump-ground-aktion.. but maybe it´s enough to remove the sharp "motion"-lines and expand the lower-left-corner-style ... hm you know what i mean?
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    white ninja? in the white silver cities of the future, why not?
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
    That last one is one of the sexiest looking Ninja's I have ever seen! Absolutely love the muscle fibers on the outside of his suit.

For the first concept, I agree with aesir that you should loose the baggy sleeve; it just doesn't seem to suit a ninja... like it might get caught on something. I always picture Ninjas wearing mostly form fitting clothes/armour.
    Also, I think the pose in the first pic is great, but it would be way better if you simply turned his head to be looking towards us rather than off to the side. Might also help to make the shoulder sheath stand out more and not blend with his mask. And I also agree with everyone else who said the mask looks too much like a gas mask... reminds me of something from Aeon Flux.
    Have you seen the trailer for Dark Sector yet? The new Digital Extremes game? Your last concept of the white Ninja looks a bit like their main character.
  • Grim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grim polycounter lvl 17
    That looks awesome, very inspirational. I would have to say that based on the first posted pic and the last you have come along way. keep up the great work!