Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

practice stuff

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
low odor polycounter lvl 17
Heya PC..thought I would post some of the fun I'm having learning zbrush...THese are just for practice really..any tips or crits would be wonderful

head02.jpg

head01.jpg

Replies

• noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    Love that dwarven warrior man! At least I'm assuming it's a dwarf. Nice helmet design as well, looks pretty unconventional, although maybe a tad too sci-fi for a fantasy dwarf. The opaque visor area looks very Robocoppy. Then again, I have no idea in what setting you were planning to use this.

Only other thing is the studs on the helmet look a bit too low-tesselated. Are you planning on shaping them more?
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    the second one is top notch for early on in zbrushing bits. The eyes need some love, i think. Unless he's intended to have two very swollen black eyes? =) hehe. You just seem to have a lot of smaller detail on that beard and noodling around the helmet, but no small wrinkles or anything similar on what appears to be a weathered dwarven character. wrinklesssss! go!
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you much nor and stoof....I'm trying to resist the urge to detail before I get the forms all in place..I jumped the gun with the dwarf I think..still learning..I'm starting to really love the program though
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    that's awesome.

what are you, farting in low odor? :&
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks shotgun....yeah I stink less...but my flatulance is a resounding growl of terror that small animals and school children tremble before
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    normal.jpg
    head.jpg

more Z practice...plus my first attempt at normal mapping......mmmmmm lumpy