Home General Discussion

The ultimate way to play Quake 3 ?

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    That seems rather extreme, silly, expensive and creepy... yet I find myself wanting a setup like that.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Imagine playing something like rainbow six and having a flashbang go off right infront of you.

Probably have the guy's shadow etched into the wall behind him.
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    I think it would be much cooler if they used Projectors... not projection screens, but projectors, and make like a 30 foot wall with high-res quake 3, no lines inbetween... so just replace the monitors with projectors onto a wall thats shaped similarly.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rad setup!

I worked on real-time 3D graphics for a planetarium setup a few years back, and they had a hell of a time keeping their six projectors lined up and color-timed to one another. Nonetheless it was soooo amazing to move around a rt3d scene on a dome like that, very immersive, almost felt like it had stereoscopic depth.

There was also a mod (TC?) awhile back called FisheyeQuake that distorted the game into a fisheye projection. Pretty cool, avoided a lot of the distortion of a single view with a high FOV.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    i'd love to see an actual ingame screenshot of it

[ QUOTE ]
    There was also a mod (TC?) awhile back called FisheyeQuake that distorted the game into a fisheye projection. Pretty cool, avoided a lot of the distortion of a single view with a high FOV.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's just a software quake engine, not a mod/tc