Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

princess

sumguy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sumguy polycounter lvl 18
Hey, It’s been along time since I’ve posted here. Truth be told, there’s too much beurocratic process to go through at Ubisoft to flash our pixels on the forums. And I’m just way to lazy and beat down to bother.

SO…. I’ve just finished a batch of product and finally have some time to myself. I was swimming through my hard drive and I came across my web portfolio from like 6 years ago. Most of it is quite embarrassing and humiliating. I often think it would be cool if I had a time machine, I would go back with the knowledge/technique I have acquired thus far and do things right. ANYWAY, I found this image from when I worked at 3DO, it’s so painful to look at, really makes me start to understand why 3DO went under wink.gif It was a princess for one of their Might and Magic spin-offs for the PS2. Unfortunately I don’t have a larger image, and don’t have the model anymore; it’s probably sitting on a hard drive back in the states somewhere.

kp.jpg

So I started thinking; what would the model look like if I used the techniques I have acquired today with the same restraints I had 6 years ago? Well there’s only one way to find out. So I’m committing myself to a 1 day Challenge (Shanghai Time) to model and texture this character.

LET THE HUMILIATION BEGIN!!!

Replies