Home Technical Talk

Runtime Error Applying Vert Color in Maya 7

Erol
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Erol polycounter lvl 18
I use the 'apply color' tool for vert lighting all damn day, and at least once a day it likes to crash with a runtime error. Fortunately, I can usually click save before clicking the runtime error prompt, but it's still kind of annoying. I haven't upgraded to 7.1 yet, but my coworker has, and still has the same problem. Just wondering if anyone's come across this or might know of a fix.

Replies

• pyromania
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pyromania polycounter lvl 18
    I havn't had that particular problem but when I was using a ATI video card, Maya would frequently crash with runtime errors. Using old drivers or modding the card to a FireGL helped but Maya still never worked quite right.Nvidia Quadros and Geforces seem to work better with Maya.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Ah... no I've never seen that problem. Try exporting your object as an obj and importing into a new file and seeing if it still does that.
  • Erol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Erol polycounter lvl 18
    pyro> Hmm... well, I'm on an nvidia quadro4, not ati, but I'll see if there are new drivers available. thanks.

jeffro> it wouldn't seem to do it on one particular object, and after a crash when I'd light the same object again, it'd be fine. I wonder if it's something to do with the history... it's hard to narrow down. But if one particular object get's nutty, I'll give exporting it a shot. thanks.