Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New site, looking for a new job.

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
dur23 polycounter lvl 19
So its been a little while since i've had the chance to update my site.

Go see.

<font color="red"> 23D </font>

Heres some new i candy that i havn't shown off already.

The nebuchadnezzar. Little side project on the psp by me and buddy. (1942 style)The images were taken off the pc version, the psp im sure you can imagine was played vertically. Quite fun i'd say for just shooting squidies.
Neba_logo.jpg

nebah.jpg

squidy.jpg

Neba_screen2.jpg

Jenosa Arma for the title SCURGE on gba and DS.

orbital_jenosa4.jpg

orbital_jenosa_hair.jpg

Juka for the title Juka and the monophonic menace.

orbital_juka_withplatform2.jpg

orbital_juka_withplatform.jpg

Thats not all i've done in the last two years. But thats all im gonna show for now. Go to the site to see the rest of the renders of juka and jenosa. Also this week i will be uploading some shots ingame of juka (i was the level designer/jr. artist).

<font color="red">If you know anyone that is looking to hire in the montreal area please forward them to this post. Thanks for looking.</font>

Replies

• Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Well, pretty damn quality work as usual dur. The girl is hawt! Veerrrry nice. The kid is stunning too.
    As for the site, you probably dont need the NHPinc and house stuff, unless that's the kind of work you'd be prepared to do. Which is a point that probably needs to be made of course. Don't put the kind of work in your portfolio that you dont want to end up doing. For some reason the only piece that nags away as not being as high quality as the rest is the pirate babe. I dunno, after seeing this gal above, clearly your hi poly work has advanced since then, and pirate babe feels like she could use some facial modeling/shaders/lighting love.
    But these are crits I really had to force myself to find. Very good quality work, and Im positive you wont be looking around for long. Best of luck.
  • Erol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Erol polycounter lvl 18
    Great looking stuff, man. I love the expression on the first image of Juka!

Only suggestion, ditch the splash page--why are you making me do an extra click to see your great stuff! : )

Good luck with the hunt!
  • Zergxes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zergxes polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work holy cow! I would probably make your art page the first page. My connection is usually pretty good but it took over a minuite to load your splash page.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    awesome dude! good to see more work from you. your page has been bookmarked.. i'm a big fan smile.gif

the only suggestion that i'd make is that you've got a range of stuff on your page and i don't particularly like the order that it's in-- you've got some great stuff at the bottom of the page, and like daz says, theres still some work on your page that's pretty outdated.

why not separate your portfolio into new/old? or maybe have a 'favorite pieces' section, kinda like www.goodbrush.com has? it'd be nice to see your best work right away, and right now i feel that it's mixed in intermitantly.

either way man, i love your high poly work. just enough detail smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Your elf chick is still one of my favorate pieces. I remember that being my inspiration for a while to get better at texturing.

Really nice job on Jenosa, she's cool and sexy. I like. 8-)

I agree with Daz's crits, and in addition, please larger thumbnails. They were impossible to tell what I was clicking on, which is sort of the point of a thumbnail. You could have just had a list of numbered links that would have served the same purpose.

poop.gif
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Move your new work to the top of your art section. It just helps with dating your progress. I love that little kid! Are you just looking for character work? Also are you only looking for work around Montreal or is that just your first choice?

- BoBo
  • Stubbs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stubbs polycounter lvl 17
    Nice work. Out of curiousity, what size maps did you use for the low poly ships?
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Daz: Well i went through and for now removed the things that you suggested. Leaving all what i believe to believe the strongest parts of the portfolio. Tell me what you think now.

erol: thanks! I really love those splash pages tho. Its kinda like an initial logo that can be reused throughout everything i do. Example would be resumes and letters of intent. I agree about extra clicking tho.

zergxes: I kind of like the format i have, but maybe some thumbnails on the front page are in order.

John Warner: thanks john! I reordered the page. Tell me if you like the new layout of the art page.

poop: Ya that elf girl turned out way better than i thought it ever would. Thanks for the fantastical inspirational words. I'll look into making larger thums aswell. It might look better small but your right about not knowing at all what is. I do, but thats cause i know what all the images are...which i never really realised.

Bobo: My current plan is to be in montreal, yes. Character work isn't all that i am into. My most recent and some of my best imo, are not open for public consumption yet. They are full rendered and textured a modeled backgrounds (just a single image). Soon, yes soon they will...If that was an offer bobo, i am officially blushing a little;)

stubbs: you mean the nebuchadnezzar? The squidy is 64x64 and the nebu is 128x128. Thanks for checkin it:)
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Definitely better! Bobos suggestion of moving the most recent work up top helped tremendously too. Looks great.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    yah dude i think it's much better now. cool stuff smile.gif
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    daz and john: good to know everything looks ship shape shop sh#t...ha.

Newstuffs:

New juka render i did when showing how 3d works to a buddy of mine.
    orbital_juka_withplatform4.jpg

Was the level designer for juka, and the village was kind of my pride and joy of the project.
    Orbital_Juka_Village.jpg

Some environment objects i created.

orbital_ruins.jpgorbital_random_others.jpg
    orbital_castle_parts.jpgorbital_Potion_Machine.jpg
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Top notch Work DUR, I can't find any faults that haven't been pointed out. I just love how you put character into your characters grin.gif