Home General Discussion

Unable to connect

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
I'm a bit confused atm.

Last night I realized I couldn't connect to AIM. No big deal...it'll be fine in the morning. My gf was unable to check her yahoo email. Also no big deal. Email host are down all the time.

Today I'm trying to get back to my projects, and chat with some people. For some reason I can't connect to AIM, or IRC. I've tried Gaim and Trillian. I try checking my hotmail. Can't. Yahoo email. Nothing. I don't use these much, just checking because of my gf's problem earlier. I try those two in Opera as well, and nothing. Yet, I'm still able to browse the internet, and check my Gmail.

Most testing. I can't connect to my domain with FTP. I can't play multiplayer in any games. I thought maybe it's a firewall problem but my personal firewall is off, and the settings of my router haven't been changed. I tried doing a system restore back to Friday when I knew everything was working. That didn't help.

The ONLY thing that I have done in the past two days that has made ANY changes to my system, is install a game demo from fileplanet. I wasn't able to play the game, because it requires an account with that gamespy crap (it doesn't tell you that until you try to play). And when I tried to create one (it looks like a nice game, minus the clever marketing sceme), it wouldn't connect. That's probably a router problem, as I didn't set port forwarding for the game. Then I said, forget it, and uninstalled the game. Games shouldn't require a service I've uninstalled many times before. Now, I can't connect to anything but the internet minus a few email services. Perhaps it wasn't the game, but I don't know. WTF? Any ideas?

edit: to everyone in #md. enjoy the break while it lasts. :P

Replies