Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Z_brush fun

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Warhawk polycounter lvl 18
Hey folks .

I have been exploring Z_brush and I have to say I am impresed.The interface is abit clumsy , but once you get use to it , it is not that hard . So much cool stuff you can do so quickly . This is my old model from max I just import it into Z brush and went nuts with it . Here is what I came up with after a few hours .

1e6255e60ec1bb8d57a918c0c08d62e2_ffe.jpg

Replies

• Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Delaney King polycounter lvl 18
  • Jelmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jelmer polycounter lvl 17
    Very cool work, deffinatly awesome for somebody that's new to ZBrush!
    I'm not sure if you're going for an anatomical somewhat more correct model, but in the case you are, here's some feedback from my side.
    The Cranium /forhead are awfully big. On one hand, this is giving him an evil doctor / mastermind look, on the other hand, a cartoony and fake feeling.
    I think the ears should attach to the head almost completely with the head. You have this opening between the lower part of your ear and the head. They could also could stick to the head a bit more. (less monkey)
    The big neck muscles (mastoids), you know, those where vampires always bite into. attach almost behind the ear. Deffinatly behind the jaw, where your crawls under the jaw.
    The silhouette of the neck is kinda ackward right now, the neck is pretty damn straight. It's the back muscles (trapesius), that are behind the neck, and give this curve to the silhouette, between neck and shoulder. (I hope I'm clear enough in my explanation).
    You've sculpted this guy, frowning, the thing with frowning your eyebrows is that it pushes the skin mass between your eyebrows up, and forms this ridge between the eyebrows. This is missing in your sculpt, here's a picture to make my point a bit more clear:

frown.jpg
  • Warhawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanx for the feedback guys .

Jelmer : Thanx for the anatomy lesson . I really apriciate it . This was the old model of my interpretation of Frankenstein . So That's why he has such strange forhead and stragely shaped skull . I totaly agree about the ears . I left them as they where . The reason of this practice was only to get familiar with zbrush sculpting and pipeline between other 3D program . For the neck muscles I agree. To be honest I havent looked that much into anatomicaly correct model , just wanted to try diffrent tools to get myself familiar with it . I will try to adress all the issues you have listed . More updates coming soon .
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18
    There's a rule for vertical alignment, It's: bottom of the eye starts at halfway mark, the nose starts halfway between the top of the eye and the chin. The bottom of the lower lip starts halfway between the nose and the chin. And starting above the eye, the forehead is about the height as between the bottom of the nose to the top of the eye. So It's equal thirds from the top of the forehead, to the top of the eye, to the bottom of the nose, to the chin.
    Remember the top of the skull is higher then top of the forehead.

Of course these are just general rules, they can vary a lot.
  • Jelmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jelmer polycounter lvl 17
    personally I hate those 'math' rules, cep just pointed out. Though he is right, but it's the variation of those 'rules' that makes faces different and have more character. I'm a bigger fan of knowning what your doing, and making sure the shape of a skull is there, and the muscles of the face are there as well, but proporionally go wild and get as much character into a face as possible. And Warhawk if that was your goal then you've deffinatly succeded, dude smile.gif
  • Warhawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanx for the feedback.

Here are some updates . Not still there I will try to do that tomorow .

dff8c3a97696ca88bc0adfe256b4e139_d58.jpg
  • Warhawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey . Another update this time it is textured smile.gif)

I was playing abit more with this head . I changed some stuff like eyes , mouth, skull. After that I decided to try painting it in Zbrush and after a few hours of constant coloring and rendering here is the resault . Some parts have been tweaked in PS like background and some more color adjustment . This is as far as I will go with it:)) I hope you dig it smile.gif)

bb8b228f5c6a9f3dfdf3f93d4ec0a21b_c38.jpg