Home Technical Talk

Issues with Chuggnut Turbo Unwrapper

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lore polycounter lvl 18
Okay I having some issues with http://www.chuggnut.com/scripts/unwraptools/TurboUnwrapUVW_BETA01.zip
Now He claims it works in Max 6 and I have did a goggle search where I read a claim that it works in Max 7.

His site is a little Chaotic but I think this is where he wants these files that he included with his zip file. I have placed the following in these directories:

TurboUvwUnwrap.dlm > 3ds Max6/plugins/
TurboUnwrapUI.mcr > 3ds Max6/UI/MacroScripts/
uvtools_24i.tga > 3ds Max6/UI/Icons/
uvtools_16i.tga > 3ds Max6/UI/Icons/

However when I open the UVW Unwrap Editor I still get the default Discreet one with nothing changed. I checked the Plugin Manager and it claims its loaded as there is a entry called TurboUVWUnwrap.dlm tagged loaded. I tried a few things like coping certain files to other directories and even used the Macro_UnwrapUI.mcr out of Unwraptools1.4.zip that he says is for Max 5. I do get his unwrap toolset to pop up when using the Macro_UnwrapUI.mcr but its plagued with errors. Like all the buttons are unaligned, wrong images load up in the wrong slot (based off the images he has of it on his site), and it complains with these exact errors:

Runtime error: Can’t load Button images: Bitmap”3ds Max 6\UI/icons/uvtools_16i.bmp”
Unknown Property: “getselectioncount” in Unwrap_UVW:Unwrap UVW

I can fix the first error by turning the tga file he includes to a bmp but I can’t solve the last issue.

My questions are: is there some step I need to do that he didn't list on his site? Do I really need to have the Macro_UnwrapUI.mcr installed despite the fact his site says its for Max 5 and is not included with the Beta version? I have removed Max 6 and reinstalled to a clean install of it falling short of editing the Registry. But is there something I’m not thinking of here to run this dudes plugin? I would send him an e-mail but his last update was back in 2004 and he has claimed to have to change e-mail address so I’m not sure if he’s checking up on that e-mail.

Any help or shed of light I will appreciate. Thx

Replies