Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UT2004 Class project map DM-bloodMap666

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
LoboHotPants polycounter lvl 17
I'm a student at Full Sail in Orlando. My group and I just finished a project for our advanced game techniques class. We seemed to have a good response from the class but I'd like an outside opinion on it. Let me know what you guys think.

BloodMap666
t1.jpg
t4.jpg
t5.jpg
t6.jpg
t7.jpg
t8.jpg
t9.jpg
t11.jpg
t12.jpg

Replies

• yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeluis polycounter lvl 17
    yeah you might want to post some screens and maybe video capture becasue downloading the map takes some time and not everyone has the game to play it.
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well i tried it out. not sure what side you want critiques on, so ill just give you my overall opinion. i lke how its a small map and that your taking advantage of height in it. the windows seem out of place compared to th other textures. and the bats flying aroudn could be reduced a bit. I think you could do more on the skybox cause you can tell where the edges meet and on the clouds you can see the edges of the alpha when it rotates. overall its a nice map. just a personal nitpick is the oversaturated red, maybe a bit more blueish inside structures? but thats just my personal preference. Nice overall. just a quick question what was the purpose of the map? was it meant to be played as an unreal map or what? again post some pics its asier for you to get crits when providing easy quick acces to the work
  • LoboHotPants
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments. Could you elaborate more on why you don't like the windows? As for the purpose of the map? We had 4 weeks to work on it and each week progressivly got campier and campier. By the time we added giant cobras in there we decided that this wasn't going to be a serious map. We were a group of 4 and I was the only one who had played UT2004. It was also the first time any of us had used an editor so there's a lot of stuff we had to figure out and couldn't get to work correctly. Like that cloud alpha and the skybox was the worst. We created the cloud today about 2 hours before the final turn it.
    I appreciate any critiques no matter which side.
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its pretty good for a 4 week thing. specially being your first time in the editor. the reason i dont like the windows is because they dont have the same "realism" feeling the other textures have. when i asked what the purpose of the map wa sis because im of the preference to see stuff that you would not see in an unreal game. unless you are making a level for the unreal world. good job for the time allowed.
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    Interesting map...
    The lighting colors are well done, they flying objects are too much of a distraction IMO. I love some of the textures used, the map is pretty well made, even if I fell in a couple holes in the floor once in a while. (you might want to change that).
  • LoboHotPants
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments. Could you tell me where in the floors you were falling through? I know between the bridges and platforms there's a gap but that was intentional.
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah... it was on those bridges, cuts in the game play a little. Just like needing to double jump back.

You can make traps in a map, try not to over use the double jump...