Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2D Spring Cleaning, many images, 56k warning!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
Here's a selection of 2d art I did back at Castaway. These images were illustrations for in game cards. While in production, I would make about three a day, concept to finish. Speed was the primary objective here as I was the only artist making these and there was conceivably hundreds to do had the project continued.

I really enjoyed doing many of these as, just like Magic cards or other CCGs, the card illustration acted a a visual punchline for name of the card. Hope you dig.

card_01.jpg

card_02.jpg

card_03.jpg

card_04.jpg

card_05.jpg

card_06.jpg

card_07.jpg

card_08.jpg

card_09.jpg

card_10.jpg

card_11.jpg

card_12.jpg

card_13.jpg

card_14.jpg

Replies

• FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    I've always liked your unique style you bring to your stuff, and it's nice to see some of your personal style come through in your commercial work. I really like your boldness with color choices. It lends itself well to the fantasy vibe I'm getting by looking at the subject matter of these cards.

Personal favorites: (going from the top) #1, 6, 8, 10, 13.

My only crit would be that it's pretty evident that some of these were rushed. It would be cool to see you revisit some of these and tighten them up a bit. Especially the last one. I like the composition but it looks like the dagger and cobra are on the same plane. Maybe put in a bit of atmospheric perspective to separate the distance between the two, add a bit more detail to the dagger (the bright green venom looks a bit too generic) and it would look great.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I agree that a good many of them feel rushed.
    Given the time you were able to dedicate to them, Im not surprised though.
    Some of them appear as if they were obviously photosourced, at least in part, and those areas that arent look a little flat.
    I really like the work you've posted before Nitz, but these just dont seem up to your normal calibur. Sorry.