Home Technical Talk

Tablet and Dual monitor problems

Phobos
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Phobos polycounter lvl 18
I just picked up a new tablet and I have a few questions.

The first being, is there any way to dedicate the tablet to only one of my monitors? As it stands the tablet surface is split in half, each half representing monitor 1 or 2. I'm using Ultramon to handle the monitors.

Also, the tablet is the Graphire wireless bluetooth. I may be mistake but it seems to be interfering with the wireless keyboard and mouse attached to the computer. The mouse and pen seem sluggish and often give undesired results. The wireless keyboard and mouse combo is by logitech.

Thanks

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    For making the tablet only affect one monitor, go to Control Panel, then Wacom Tablet, and in that window look for the "Mapping/Speed" tab. Set the "Display Area" in this tab to be either Monitor 1 or Monitor 2.

As for the bluetooth and wireless thing, I don't know about that, I don't think that they would interfere. However, I have a wireless bluetooth mouse that I don't ever use because it seemed really sluggish and unresponsive even when fully charged and right next to my computer. Is there any reason you went for bluetooth as opposed to USB?
  • Phobos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It may just be the computer lagging behind a bit. Its actually my friends and she's got some random junk on there from roommates using it.

Thanks for the help mop smile.gif
  • Phobos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually. That was a little premature. Under the control panel there is no Wacom Tablet option, only a pen tablet.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Well, I dunno if you'll have the exact same drivers as I have, since yours is a bluetooth Graphire, and mine's a USB Intuos2, but the option for setting mapping for a specific monitor should be in the tablet settings somewhere. Just have a hunt around until you find something likely.
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    Also, of course, make sure you have the proper (and newest) drivers installed.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    MoP was correct. Try looking around a bit.

For the graphire series, go to Pen Tablet, then in the pen tab, make sure Tracking is set to Pen Mode, and click details.

The rest is pretty simple.
  • Phobos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the help everyone. I didn't dig deep enough into the pen details. It looks fine now.

Thanks