Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Help with skin modifier

AcherontiaDomus
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
AcherontiaDomus polycounter lvl 17
Yeh hello there.
Ok I´ll make it short. Ish.

I have this replacement model all modelled up and skinned, and the AI code (altered) is already in-game, the thing is, working out the skin modifier in 3dsMax is just way out of my skills. Im pretty limited of modelling capabilities, skins I do rather good and other 2d art, and animating shouldnt be a problem, but the skin modifier and building of a proper skeleton just takes a while for me to learn and I honestly dont have that time for my deadline. So I decided to give a try if someone would be interested in offering their skills into building a proper skeleton and attaching it into the model. I could even offer out help in other departments, like if somebody needs skins or textures or maybe even music or simple code, I´d like to talk that stuff out in in email.

But yea, if there´s no replies I´ll just have to figure it out sooner or later. Nah I doubt I need tutorials or stuff, I know how the skin modifier and doing skeletons work, but.. as anybody knows, you cant possibly do anything good if youre just learning it. Erm, enough ranting, I´ll be waiting for answers. =P

And the engine is HL2, but that doesnt really matter, since its all 3dsMax work.