Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

more megadethy-goodness

melkior
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
melkior polycounter lvl 18
Hey I saw some others pimping Megadeth contest artwork so I figured I'd show off my entry that I liked the most as well:
Vic-Concept-Unleashed-16-small-thm.jpg
Vic-Concept-Unleashed-17-small-thm.jpg
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28831799/

This contest logged probably 1000 entries is my guess.. going to be really interesting to see how Dave Mustaine sorts through them and chooses the top 3.

Good luck to all who entered btw.

EDIT: Per request putting images inline instead of link.

Replies

• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I prefer the one without the nose. That's good stuff, man. Has a classic 80's metal album cover feel to it. Better than many of the entries I've seen.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone else have any entries? I'd like to see what this place offered up smile.gif

Edit: Doh, just noticed the other thread.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Looks great. smile.gif I agree Elysium, like the one without the nose.
    On thing though... part of vic's thing is the ear plug thingers is it not? You might want to think of adding in some metal caps on the ears with chains going off the sides or something like that.

Just an idea... looks great as is so you by no means have to listen to me. smile.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    dude, post the image here
  • melkior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melkior polycounter lvl 18
    Tulkamir ... yes indeed Vic originally had metal visor, staples and ear clamps. The contest however asks you to redesign Vic. Search on the web reveals Dave mustaine had a different image for Vic when he first designed him but the record company used one of their own images instead of his concept. With that in mind I am going for something different - it may not work for what Dave Mustaine will like but its certainly new twist on the character.

thanks for the comments smile.gif

melkior