Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

General...concepty thing

Snuggles
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Snuggles polycounter lvl 17
Been lurking for a few days, and decided it's time to strike. I'd be posting this in the challenge section, but things are sort of busy right now, so I'd feel bad if I made a thread but never actually got around to finishing it before the deadline. smirk.gif

Anyway, the sort of idea I had going here was this grizzled, looting bandit/pirate leader, going into the war to prevent the next Federation from tightening down on his clan's lifestyle. It's a little lacking on technology, but...eh. This one (I've got loads more diagrams on paper,) done in Photoshop. Comments? I haven't done anything horribly wrong in the posting process, have I?
dinoguy.jpg

Replies

• Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    What? No eyepatch? My concept smokes as well... I also think I won't finish before the deadline so I'm not posting at all, you've done one better that I so far. Post the thingy you're going to model from if yah don't mind.
  • Snuggles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, err, there's gonna be an eyepatch on the other side, which is where I'll be putting the PolyCount flag thing...hehe. Kinda hard to see when you've got eyes that don't look straight ahead. laugh.gif I should be at a scanner tomorrow at work, I'll compile some stuff then! ...I know I need to be working on other stuff, but I really wanna get modelling this guy. confused.gif
  • Snuggles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aight! Managed to get a hold of this hurr scanner. Pretty crazy stuff.

gdthumb.jpg
    (Click plz!?1)

Out of my 3 or 4 pages of planning this is about the most important stuff. In the upper left is an outline of him in his skivvies/under-armor typed thing, which happens to be a picture using the ideal proportions I'd like to model him with. Lower left is a detail oriented sketch (notice the sheath on the shoulder piece and the holster strapped to the greave. The "Jolly Roger" will probably be changed to a "Poly Roger"...oh God I hate myself sometimes.)

Other than that there's some armor/shape details and a nice pose I doodled laying around. C&C on the design? If the picture's too light, I'll go ahead and play with the levels.