Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Polycount - Generals - [Akirra]

Akirra
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Akirra polycounter lvl 17
Heya, long time lurker here, and this contest finally made me want to peek my head out! wink.gif

http://www.force137.com/pics/user23_Cyborg.jpg

So far this is my concept, will start in on the color later today. If anyone has crits and suggestions for me I would love to hear them (I need to figure out something to do with his 'La-Zer', and still working on the mask for his face). Concepts are the hardest part for me so any comments are greatly welcomed.

Replies

• Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    A great start you have there. Only thing that bothers me is that the laser arm and legs doesnt seem very robust. Perhaps Im reading the concept wrong, but if I were you I'd give them a bit more fill.
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    looks like an interesting start. But where do those feet bend? how does he walk? That third leg is also placed kind of.. phallic. wink.gif
  • Akirra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Akirra polycounter lvl 17
    Decided to scrap my old idea and try something a little more out there... like JetMan!!! Hes an elite cyborg with a Jet Engin graphed to his lower torso... but the amazing part is how he drives!!!

I present to you:JETMAN!!!

Now, who will be his gunner?
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Give him some kinds of spikes or saws to impale and scatter enemies all around him.
    You could strap the gunner on his back or fuse their flesh together him into Jetman. Not sure if the steering wheel is the best solution, but I'm also not sure if adding extra fins, or something similar, instead as a control method would look retarded.
    The skull and torso needs more detail, he looks more like some kind of spandex-clad superhero than a general right now.
    A potential winning pose could, as a part, have him lighting his cigar on the exaustflame.