Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Showcase - (sorry modem users)

Resin
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Resin polycounter lvl 18
As I wrote in this post I havent posted at this forum for a couple of years but now I've desided to return (I hope I have improved since last time smile.gif)

http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=98843&an=0&page=0#98843

Well here are some of the models I've been working on recently. Sadly I'm not good at finishing projects so most of these are wip, and probably will stay that way. Hope you like them anyways smile.gif
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Replies

• Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    Heh, love the snub-nosed dino guy in the first pic. Or is he a hippo? SOME kind of lethery skinned bulky thing... Nice work on the armor for him, has a cross between a Sumerian and Roman feel to it.
  • Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks smile.gif
    The model is based on this concept done by one of my friends.
    http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/k/e/kent/leandro.jpg.html
    It was supposed to be used for generating normal maps for a lowpoly version of the model.
    Anyways.. Feel free to crit and comment on my stuff. I really wanna become a better artist and a bit of feedback would probably help get me there smile.gif
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i would really finish stuff before putting on folio, or it is finished ( modled and textured at least ) or it should go to wip folder :P
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Well, it's nice clean work that's for sure. I'm not a big fan of the lizard head. I just think that the design is a bit confused. But yeah, the guy top left is great. As for the more realistically styled head, not bad at all. The front plane of the nose feels very flat, and the upper lip seems to have a very hard edge to it as it curls around. Minor crits though. A more general one would be to concentrate on taking one model to a more finished state.
  • Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the comments smile.gif
    I really do need to get myself together and finish some stuff. Luckily I just bought a wacom (as you can see in the last picture). So I can start working on some texture work. Not very easy with a mouse smile.gif
    Anyways. Ive joined the general modelling contest and I have every intention of finishing my model for that smile.gif