Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Polycount - Generals - [Resin]

Resin
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Resin polycounter lvl 18
I havent posted at these forums for about 2 years (I've just been modeling for myself and reading the forums) so I desided that this would be a great opportunity to return. I have started minor work on my general and will post some stuff here soon smile.gif Let's beat those bloody cgchat bastards! mad.gif

Replies

• Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Just figured I'd show what I have done so far so people can see in what direction I'm heading.. Hope you like it. I've won't show my concept art here as I suck badly at drawing and I'ts still not done smile.gif Oh and the logo on the "belt" is just a placeholder to show where it will go smile.gif
    general02.jpggeneral02-wire.jpg
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    glad to have you back. the geometry looks pretty good thus far, but it'd really help to have an idea of where you want to go with it... all indications at this point make it seem pretty generic. don't be embarassed about concept art, it's just a schematic for what you'll be doing in 3D, so even a child's scribbes can work out just fine. the important thing is to have an idea of where you're going with it... what's this guy's story? has just picked up the armor pickup you find in most FPS games and decided to wear it? smile.gif give us an idea of where you're going with it!
  • Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Heh. Thanks for a good reply.. Let me use a few lines on telling what the basic idea is then smile.gif
    My idea for him was that he was a chaotic/demonic humanoid war machine. He has had both his arms destroyed and they have been replaced by a huge gun and a powerfist/claw (yeah he has some problems eating by himself tongue.gif). As I'm still working on his lower body I cant say alot about this part. My first idea was to just give him armoured legs, but I realize that would be rather boring so I'll try and come up with something more exotic tongue.gif. He is quite huge and using his 2 weapons are able to kill a whole army single handedly, infantry, tanks and all. I plan on adding a detroyed tank (or other vehicle) for him to stand triumpant on top of. Oh and I'll post my concept soon.. It changes every hour so I'll just try and get some things settled before posting it wink.gif
  • Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Ok desided to show my concept so far.. Trying to design a cool gun for the other arm, and the powerfist will probably be redesigned. Like I wrote, I'm not that good at drawing but this is the best I can do tongue.gif
    warcommander01.jpg
  • Jhotun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jhotun polycounter lvl 18
    Resin, do not be afraid to give a shout of help on the forums for a good concept that goes with your ideas.
    We have really great concept artists aboard and they are really pumping the morale of the troops with their killer wacoms.

Keep it up!
  • Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I know I could probably get something alot cooler if I got someone else to do the concept for me. The thing is I really feel like making this model my own creation. My last model have all been based on other peoples concepts so I'd rather try for myself for once, even though it doesnt get just as great as it would otherwise. But if someone wanna do something _based on my own concept/idea_ then feel free. But like I said. I wanna try and keep this as much my own creation as I can wink.gif

P.s. Im thinking about dumping the powerfist as I can see several others have gotten the same idea tongue.gif
  • Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Started on the head. Anyways I've taken a desition. I feel my character will end up being quite generic and probably boring compared to some of the exelent generals comming from you other guys. So if any of your concept guys wanna come up with a better concept then feel free. I really wanna help win this war so I accept to put my pride aside and make a character based somely on my own concept after this contest is over wink.gif
    general03.jpg
  • Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Ok I'm back in bussiness. Please ignore my old model! wink.gif
    I've gotten permission from Gavku to use a concept by him for my general, so here we go! smile.gif
    I know the head has way to many polys but I've made it like that to make it easier for me to try and do some work on it in zbrush. I've only done one test in it so far so I'd like to have a good basic shape to start from and then I can optimize later on.
    First I'ts Gavku's concept and next my model (Well the parts I've done so far) smile.gif
    polyconcept8jb.th.jpg
    g-general01-thumb.jpg
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Looking good man. Let me know if you need a better sketch of his boots/lower legs.
  • Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks smile.gif.. Sure, feel free to draw away... Love the first drawing so the more the merrier wink.gif
  • Resin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Resin polycounter lvl 18
    Model update.. Still need to do the legs and alot of details all over. Crits and comments are more than welcome wink.gif
    g-general02-thumb.jpg
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    very cool Resin, glad you've got a concept smile.gif
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I like the new concept you've got. It could lead to some great looking detail! The start to the modeling looks good. I hope he gets big feet to match his hands. smile.gif