Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hellchick!

Slash
polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Slash polycounter lvl 19
I saw this posted over at doom3world.org, and i thought it was such a cool concept that i just had to model it. I was just gonna have a little fun while taking a break from my q4 slash model, but before i knew it i was this far. smile.gif

wip_1_side.jpg
wip_1_front.jpg
wip_1_persp.jpg

Replies

• RE3456
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RE3456 polycounter lvl 18
    nice model, looks good so far, but I really want to see the finished product of slash smile.gif oh and that is a really cool concept , now I want to do it too confused.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    you're just a sucker for huge boobies, slash! tongue.gif

looks like a good start, keep going smile.gif
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    Mop, who isnt? :P
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, good point wink.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Hahahah, someone I know isn't gonna like this!

Looking cool so far man, though the stomach looks a bit wobbly.

poop.gif
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Looks great so far Slash!

Maybe worth mentioning that the concept is from Paul Richards who is a concept artist at Raven. His portfolio shows a ton of cool Q4 artwork...http://www.autodestruct.com/
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hahahah, someone I know isn't gonna like this!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. yeah i was going to model this, i emaled paul richards and asked for his permission first, and he never replyed so i took that as maybe he didnt want me to model it. but its cool, good start so far, cant wait to see where you take it.
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    awesome!! she is one hot demon chick, this is going to turn out superb
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Nice. and very cool concept to work from.
  • Soccerman18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    Looks really sweet so far. Was planning on starting making this tomorrow, may still do it, would be interesting to see how it compares.
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Looks great so far Slash!

Maybe worth mentioning that the concept is from Paul Richards who is a concept artist at Raven. His portfolio shows a ton of cool Q4 artwork...http://www.autodestruct.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! i forgot to mention that. Of course, the concept is by Paul Richards, everyone should check this chap out, his work is amazing. (he's particularly good with the ladies! wink.gif)here is the concept i'm working from.

Arsh: Sorry for ruining your day.;) It never even occured to me to ask permission first. In retrospect i guess maybe i should.. But hey, its just for fun right now, if it gets as far as a ppm it might be the right time to ask for permission. (to be polite, maybe i should send him an email to ask, and stop posting updates until i get an ok?) It has also been brought to my attention that some chap over at raven is apparently working on it as well, in his spare time.

Poop: yeah, wobbly. I was planning to shape her belly from how her ..errhm.. "clothing" affects it, so i'll leave that until the symmetry is done.

steady, elysium and soccer: thanks! laugh.gif
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crylar polycounter lvl 18
    hehe, teh Quake Percing in teh concept is teh coolest ever, why didn't I ever think of that!
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I wonder if this has any relevance to the Hellchick for quake 3, made by Paul Steed and Ken Scott.
    http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/info/quake3/hellchick/hellchick.shtml
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    Here's a little update. Those horns dont look very good smoothed yet.. But it will get there...

wip_2_front.jpg
    wip_2_side.jpg
    wip_2_persp.jpg

I've emailed paul and asked if he have any objections, if he does, i will take down these images.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    i was hoping someone would step up to make this. i was also afraid no one could do it justice. i was quickly proven wrong. incredible work!
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    I just wanted to say i got a reply from paul, and he gave me a "go nuts". smile.gif The only condition he gave was that i let Hellchick use whatever renders i make on her site if she chooses to..

Neo_God: Yes, it has, very much so, its the next iteration of the hellchick character made for quake 3 arena. (We all remember her, dont we?)

So, i'm working on this even more furiously now, gonna post an update before i go to bed.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    keep up the good work slash, i'm pretty sure this is the best looking geometry by far i've seen you put out. see it through! smile.gif
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    her thighs seem a little thin in the front view to me
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    thanks gauss, i like to think that i'm improving, its cool to get some confirmation every now and then. smile.gif

Marine, yeah, just a wee bit. Looks moreso than it is on her right thigh tho, because of the asymmetry in the concept.

gah, 4 in the morning.. this gal keeps me going all night! wink.gif

Here are some small update shots.
    (excuse the cheezy lighting.)

wip_3_crap_render.jpg
    wip_3_persp.jpg
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, you're a machine Slash! You seem to work very fast.
    Anyways, looks awesome!

Her lips seem a tad to fat though smile.gif
  • Zatoichi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zatoichi polycounter lvl 18
    WOW! How did I miss this? And yah... he said this was a concept for Q4, WTF happened to it?!? Hmmmph. Anyway, I'm glad you are tackling it. Looks sweet so far.

Oh, and as for permission to model this... why would you need to, other than for the peace of mind? As long as you don't market the piece for $$$ and credit the designer there isn't a legal problem... Is there?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zatoichi: its more of an ethics thing than a legal thing.
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    Exactly, espescially when i'm pimping it on this site and others, and since there is a guy at raven working on it too.

zatoichi, i dont think it was a concept for use in the quake4 game, rather a ppm they are making for caryn, aka hellchick. Some guy at raven is working on this in his spare time.
  • kolbyjukes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kolbyjukes polycounter lvl 18
    the spam filter might have just blocked your email, I'll forward him a link to this thread.

looks promising.

-K.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okay i just got word from him that its okay if i model the piece, so loks like i will be doing it too!!! only condition he said is that Hellchick (Caryn Law) has permission to re-post it on Hellchick.net if she so chooses.

looks like its coming along for you.. see if i can catch up.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Something about that last image really jumps out at ya, but I'm not quite sure what it......OMG!!! O_O
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    Sweet arsh, maybe it will be a little friendly challenge between us? :P Can wait to see what you cook up!

Kolby & elysiym: Thanks!

So, here's a little update for today. Havent had the time to work that much on her. But there has been some changes, mostly changes that you wont notice right away, like adjusting the mesh flow and adding some loops here and there. She also have hoofs now, that planted her on the ground. laugh.gif I've also started blocking out the shoulder armor thing.

wip_4_persp.jpg
    wip_4_render.jpg

I've also started paying a little more attention to the likeness..
    wip_4_frontandleft.jpg
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    A little z2 test just for fun. Sorry for the humongous picture.

wip_4_z2_Test.jpg
  • Zatoichi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zatoichi polycounter lvl 18
    That's cool that you guys actually got permission from Paul himself. Let us be clear I was not advocating ripping off anything from anyone.

Now with the zbrush in action... I cant wait to see more!
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, seeing those breasts in 3d makes them look alot larger than they appear to be in his concept.

The personality is starting to really show in your zb fest in that last shot. Keep it up.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Wow, seeing those breasts in 3d makes them look alot larger than they appear to be in his concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got a point there, and it isn't just the 3D itself.

I guess it is because the 'middle' is too deep, thus resulting in breasts beeing attached relativly parralel. In reality the torso is even more oval shaped thus resulting in a more V shaped attachment and a asymetrical distribution of breast fat tissue.
    But I am not 100% sure, as those breasts are enormous in the concept, too smile.gif
  • Paul Jaquays
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Jaquays polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work all! Steed and Scott's original model is based on the same person ... Caryn Law (that's an interpretation of her face on the model skin). Hellchick is her handle. She used to be a freelance writer, then she was hired on at GameSpy where she handled their FPS sites, then was hired into Activision where she handled promotional stuff for Wolfenstein and some later projects. Raven (also a part of Activision) brought her in as a UI designer.
  • Nappa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nappa polycounter lvl 17
    most artist that post concept such as this one post it for public use and want to see fan made work with there concept as long as they get Credit thee would be a disclaimer stating other wise like some of hawk prey ect web sites
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    ooohkay.. this turned out to be the mother of all backburner projects. a shame really, but i do take it out when i get the chance and nibble a little on it. Havent made too much progress, but i thought i could update this thread.

sausage.jpg

hellchick_mudbox_head_wip1.jpg

I'm also working on a lowpoly version, but havent gotten around to make a screengrab of it. (i dont have internet at home)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    mmmmmm horny....

love it dude laugh.gif
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    i'd do her, cerberus style
  • Kyraal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyraal polycounter lvl 17
    Very good likeness. I like boobs as much as the other guy, but not when they are sized like this; and the horns kind of turn me off as well.. Anyways :P I see you've gone from Zbrush to the Mudbox beta, which is a good move. Good stuff, eh? wink.gif

Looking forward to seeing you detail the hell out of that head smile.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    She needs the big jugs to counterweight all that horniness. Its a physics thing.

Glad to see this thing wasn't abandoned.
  • PoR3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PoR3 polycounter lvl 17
    I love her legs, awesome design.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Still going strong, looking great Slash, wonder wot happened to arche's...
    Keep pushin it bro smile.gif
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    I love the art's of P.RICHARDS - and I say to myself that one day I will try to model his HELLCHICK , ....KEEP ON.
    Looks clean !
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    Glad you like it guys! Arsh updated his version, and that inspired me to dig this one out once more. I havent done terribly much yet, i've started the leather straps and buckles and misc stuff.

hellchick_wip_1dec06.jpg
    (Yes, i shamelessly stole the presentation format from arsh, but the similar colors are a coincidence! smile.gif)

Happy birthday sectaurs - boobies for you!
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damnit! now i am going to have to change my color scheme! hahaa
    looks like we stopped at about the same place.. god i can not wait to finish those damn straps! not fun at all. looking good, lets finish this thing.. reeeeaaaady.... GO!
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    hey, nice work, i have some dejawoo=)))
    what with her eyes? looking strange...
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    I like absolutly the expression in her face !
  • GottFaust
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GottFaust polycounter lvl 18
    Heh, looks like photobucket doesn't like the boobs as much as we do. I think you should look into using a different host that does like them as much as us. smile.gif
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Crickey, dashed photobucket :(
    The model looked pretty darn good what I could see of it.
    Well done.

Cheers
  • Disco Stu
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Disco Stu wrote: »
    ThreadNecro.jpg
    Ok gotcha
    Then we will try something else.
    Because I didn't see anything else posted I didnt look at the date, was just thankful for your post on my thread.

The face is all I can see, I really would chuck photobucket. You have some nice sweeping designs going on with the horns. On the corner of the eye you will see a concave shape in profile, that doesn't exist on the human figure. Concave lines are made up of close convex ones and its a good idea to avoid curves that bend inward because that gives an anorexic impression. The muzzle is flat while the lips are protruding which means there isnt much structure to support them preventing the forms from supporting each other, and that part covers the teeth. The nose is a little thin and the nostrils are flat and flare out at the bottom where normally they ride higher up so that you dont get that 't' form at the bottom. You have some sort of pinch by the jaw. Did you use mudbox or zbrush? Relaxing the verts before export may fix that or it is a 5 point connection. Looking at the right side of the last pic I can see under the cheek bones on the right side there is a lack of mass where there is no musculature, the neck suffers a bit from lack of structure also.

But like I said nice stuff, looking forward to seeing more recent work from you.
    Cheers and sorry about the resurrection thing :)