Home Technical Talk

q3 / java md3 modelviewer and XP

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
pior grand marshal polycounter
Yop

I wanted to have a look at old custom-made Q3 models in all theur shaded and animated glory hence redownloaded the javamodelviewer. Yet for some reason, when I start it up it just flashes a black dosbox and nothing else happens...

http://md3view.fragland.net/

I think that back in the days this viewer was the weapon of choice to view Q3 models. I guess Q3ase can do it too but I remember the Java viewer as the best, most solid tool for that purpose. Any idea on how to make it work on a post 21st century setup? I have the latest Java runtime installed.

Thankyou!

Replies

• kat
    Offline / Send Message
    kat polycounter lvl 17
    You need to copy a few file about for it to work properly; they should be outlined in the readme, you might have missed that or placed them in the worng place?. I've got JavaView installed and working ok with XP. And yeah, best MD3 veiwer there is.

[EDIT]Good too see you got AquaBoy done (some other pretty neat stuff on your webbly site btw)
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Haaa sweet the two missing Java-Opengl were causing the issue, plus I had to copy one jar file from the default Javaruntime folder to the viewer's root. But now it works!

Time to redownload DragonKnight laugh.gif

Thanks a ton Kat!