Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shady-D polycounter lvl 17
    looks good to me so far
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    Well, you probably don't get many replies because, well, first, your model is quite frankly, very plain. A regular average no-frills nude human model without much character just doesn't spark the interest of most people on boards such as these. Secondly, the model could use some work. Most people's responses would ammount to, "Well... keep trying...", which isn't really worth posting.

I generally avoid commenting on purely anatomical issues since they're really in the eye of the beholder and frankly, I'm no expert, but since you say you're going for a superheroine and the implied proportions, I'll try.

- The shoulders seem to be awkwardly wide
    - The knees seem a bit low
    - The ankle too thin in the front view
    - The feet are especially flat and lack mass
    - The collarbone as well is particularly flat
    - Hands should be modeled in a more neutral pose to ease boning and UV stetching issues (mainly the wrist and thumb joints)
    - And the head in general could use some serious reconsideration in both shape and feature placement.

On the positive (and non-anatomical) side, most of the features look great when considered on their own, and the meshflow is okay, though you have a few too many flat horizontal loops. You would do well to incorportate the bikini-line and navel into your flow, rather than simply overlaying them with a grid-pattern of loops-- your shape will be better, and you'll be able to do it in fewer polies (Which could go into the arms, which are terribly low for a 5k poly model).

Harsh, I know, but better than being ignored I hope? wink.gif

Edit: Oh, and there's really no need to make quite so many images ¬_¬ I'd suggest posting a 45º persp shot instead of the bottom/top views.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Good post Asthane. Oni, for what it's worth here's a wireframe of a model I pimped here a while back. http://www.juantwo.com/post/Pimp/3D/girlwire.jpg
  • Oni Link
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oni Link polycounter lvl 17
    Well, thanks for the critique. I changed some things around and I redid the shoulders. Here are a couple of pics. I've gotten conflicting critiques on the legs so, I loosely matched them up with Vida Guerra's and they'll probably stay like that unless the person grading it has a problem with them. laugh.gif

http://users.adelphia.net/%7Ealrosado/characterpics/Ninja_hero.jpg
    http://users.adelphia.net/%7Ealrosado/char012506/vida_NX.jpg
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeluis polycounter lvl 17
    nice reference there wink.gif gotta say, it looks like you got a decent start but the proportions are all mesed up, first thing the just screams out is the arms, too skinny a think, almost straw like. the proportions in the legs also just dont seem right, I know it matches your reference but just take a look at it and tell me youdont see it. I think your using too many polys for what the final product gives in detail. the breast could be united and your texture could simulate them been seperatted.
    it seems you are going for more of a shilouhette (not sure how to spell this) than detailed mesh. so id recomend looking at like trinity from matrix or aeon flux look how the costumes give silouhettes? and use that to your advantage. keep it up. a drew over your wire im no expert but this are some things i would change . I hope this helps.
    ly_sug.jpg
  • J03M4M4
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J03M4M4 polycounter lvl 17
    uhhh I'm a Vida fanboy, and I would like to point out that this chick is a shortey. I mean she's like 5 foot, maybe 1 inch. VERY short. My GF, also this tall, they have no "ankles" really. Sorry girls. Its true, for the most part. What you are seeing in the source pic and your model are two different things. Vida is hot, but lets both be honest. The reality is her shoes. Personally my gf gets twenty times hotter from the waist down with those kinds of shoes. 6 inch stelletos are awesome. And lift was given to Vida's butt and length added to her legs just by using those shoes. Put your model in high heels if you are using high heeled resources. I think Paul Steed started this "using pr0n stars for resource". If you don't beleive me, anyone remember his Kelly Monaco tut? Just a word of advice anyway. If you are following a super model and hoping to acheive super hero, perhaps you need to use a different source. Try a body builder and slim her down if its too extreme. A problem with super heros today is also the ladies all look like super models. Kinda unrealistic and confusing to the kids if you ask me, but since when was the last time I shook hands with Wonder Women in real life. Keep up the good flow lines none the less. And keep posting Vida pics if nothing else.
  • J03M4M4
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J03M4M4 polycounter lvl 17
    well I'd like to comment on something besides Vida's hotness but yeluis made some of the same points I was going to draw on, so take his advice.
  • Oni Link
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oni Link polycounter lvl 17
    Well, here's the "final" product. I hate to put down my own work but, the texture is probably not that good, the rig is OK, the bind is decent at best, and the animations I did for it just flat out suck. I still like her even if no one else does though.

th_26518_ninsword.jpg

And here is the other stuff I did. It's not game stuff but, what the hell. A lizard and a Violator inspired monster.

sub D's
    th_26511_Lizardsubds.jpg

wires
    th_26512_lizardwW.jpg

sub D's
    th_26513_monstersubDs.jpg
    wires
    th_26513_monsterW.jpg