Home General Discussion

GDC

Replies

• killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    does anyone else find it odd that guitar hero won best audio?
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    why is that odd? Harmonix's houseband having to re-record a bunch of classic/well-known songs for a game (which is all about sound) and doing a pretty damn good job of it seems like a good candidate for best audio to me... am i missing something?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeeow! http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/714/allblacks9nj.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Facegen strikes again! (although slightly better presented than Oblivion) smile.gif
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Harmonix's houseband having to re-record a bunch of classic/well-known songs for a game [...] and doing a pretty damn good job of it seems like a good candidate for best audio to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't know they re-recorded the music. that is very talented for an audio group, i'm glad to hear that.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    yeah initially i didn't notice it either, but some of the songs sound not-quite-right, and then if you take a moment to think about what's going on in the game(you miss a long note, but the singer and the rest of the song keeps going on) and you realize that they had to re-record everything. that or somehow magically get the seperate tracks from the original recording sessions, which is pretty much impossible for most of the songs used. so yes, they really did do quite a good job on them smile.gif