Home General Discussion

Megadeth design contest!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Asherr polycounter lvl 18
http://news.deviantart.com/article/20069/

"After two decades of rocking, the heavy metal band Megadeth’s mascot Vic Rattlehead needs a facelift and the band has commissioned deviantART to redesign him!!

CONTEST DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH , 2006 12AM PST!"

and the best part of the contest? 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes are the Dave Mustaine signature series guitars from ESP. smile.gif

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    That's very cool that they are reaching out to online communities like that. I have to say though, this kind of surprises me. Dav Mustaine can't wait to complete his Megadeath obligations so he can do solo albums. I think he only has one or two albums left as his Megadeath requirements.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I had just found this as well. Very cool of him.
  • Soul_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soul_Reaper polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have to say though, this kind of surprises me. Dav Mustaine can't wait to complete his Megadeath obligations so he can do solo albums. I think he only has one or two albums left as his Megadeath requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true, Dave could end Megadeth right here and now. He already fulfilled his contractual obligations with their last album, The System Has Failed, which was going to be his first solo album anyway, hence why it was only session musicians that played on that album as opposed to a 'proper' Megadeth lineup.

However, Mustaine has now decided to carry on with Megadeth, to sign a new record deal with Megadeth, record a new album as Megadeth, and to embark on new tours with Megadeth.

He was going to end it because he felt that they weren't relevant anymore, no-one cared about them, and he didn't like the internal politics of the band, but now he feels revitalised and enthusiastic about Megadeth once more!

I can't wait to see some of the designs people come up with for this contest, Vic is a great character and it'll be cool to see how people interpret him.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

Not true, Dave could end Megadeth right here and now. He already fulfilled his contractual obligations with their last album, The System Has Failed, which was going to be his first solo album anyway, hence why it was only session musicians that played on that album as opposed to a 'proper' Megadeth lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's basically what I had heard... I must have just remembered incorrectly about the remaining obligations. I remember him stating that it was supposed to be a solo album and was turned into a Megadeath album instead.

I hadn't heard he had resigned with Megadeath though. He really sounded like he was tired of it.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Allright, um.. Notman? MegadETH.
    Not megadeath. Sorry to sound irritated, i'm really not, i just wanted to correct you smile.gif
    The submissions up to this point look positively terrible, so who's up for this? I don't think i'll enter, but it sounds like a great opportunity!
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    That's very cool that they are reaching out to online communities like that. I have to say though, this kind of surprises me. Dav Mustaine can't wait to complete his Megadeath obligations so he can do solo albums. I think he only has one or two albums left as his Megadeath requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Megadeath still sells recors confused.gif ??? I would have thought they would be doing county fair / metal bar type stuff at best . Hard to believe the hair bands still sell ..well other then Metallica then again they were the best !
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    i do a mean dave impression... i sang sweating bullets to some unlucky drive through worker a few weeks ago as I was ordering tacos. He.. uhm.. looked at me funny, but the group with me could'nt stop laughing.

Long story.. nm.. i don't actually like them very much.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MightyPea, you're right... and I actually know the correct spelling... odd because I don't know why I kept spelling it wrong above :/ Must have been some internal override wink.gif

Pogonip, yes, they still sell records :P Not many, but they've never really been one of the high sales bands. They sell well, but not huge.
    Metallica the best? Not at all the case these days. I'm shocked they still sell records. They all sound the same these days.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    pogonip: shut your filthy mouth! and learn your metal history, would ya?

"The system has failed" is a great ablum. And tho it hasn't sold as well as the band's past albums, those who have listened to it know it's a return to form for Dave. I still enjoy the album. Metallica's latest didn't stand the test of time like I hoped. They sell because they're a household name. And I doubt they'll have much to offer in the future, where as Dave shows no sign of stopping. The guy is a one man army behind the guitar.

I may give this a try, but the deadline is so soon.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh Yeah, Metallica's a beast. Ghastly, somewhat smelly, definately decaying.

edit: oh, you said best? Whatever works for you, i guess!
  • BRUTICUS(CW)
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BRUTICUS(CW) polycounter lvl 18
    i'll take Megadeth over Metallica any day., Holy Wars! Tornado of Souls!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    not a huge fan of deviant art but registered to enter, it's totally worth it for the exposure if one wins.

samples2.png

nothing special but you never know