Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Help Wanted: modelers and concept artists

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
notman polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys,
I'm currently part of two projects, and they both need some of the modeling talent that I know exists on these forums. The problem is, there is no money to offer, so it would be volunteer work that just rewards with the pride of accomplishment wink.gif

Anyways, the projects are related to each other. The main project is currently under works by RenWerx. They are using the Torque engine to continue the Tribes series, which Sierra/Vivendi has abandoned. Obviuosly it won't be 'Tribes', but it is heavily influenced by it. They already have a team and have been progressing well, but they need more concept artists and modelers.
The game is currently named Volitant Assualt and OLD concepts can be viewed at http://www.volitantassualt.com. They have better/improved concepts and models than what appear on that site.

The second project that needs help is headed up by me and another Tribes player. We are the leads for the Team Aerial Combat mod. We are continuing the popular mod from Tribes 1 and 2, by creating it on the Volitant Assualt project. The mod creates team work at a level that isn't often experienced in base games. The one main rule of the mod is, you can't touch the ground... it will kill you. It forces team mates to use vehicles to reach objectives. The vehicles have no weapons, thus requiring the pilot to wait for players to man the vehicle to defend it... or face going into the battlefield defenseless.
Currently, I am doing to model work on our vehicles. I'm still a novice modeler and would also like to have time to do more code work. We could really use some concept artists and vehicle modelers.

For those unfamilar with Tribes, it takes place in the future. The vehicles and armor are obviously futuristic also. (Much like UT also)

We could really use any help someone here is willing to offer. If you are interested, feel free to PM/email me, reply to this thread, or post a request to join the team at either of the forums. There is still plenty of room. Thanks.

Replies