Home General Discussion

What is HELL.com?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
The very first time I ever got the internet one of the sites I visited first was HELL.com. You know, just to see what would be there. Ever since I visited the first time, I've gone back once every few months... and I still don't get it. I understand they offer @hell.com email address for $250, but I'm curious what the waiting list is for. Why do I have to send in $50 just to become a member to something I have no idea about? There's an 18-22 month WAITING LIST to get in; whatever IN is.

anyone, anyone at all know? i need to know.

Replies

• KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Well, if on the pop-up screen you choose "redemption" instead of "no access," you get link to the "soul redemption program," which is a flash animation that has a bunch of floating questions that you can click on. When you click on a question, you get an answer in the same manner that the questions are presented (floating around on a black screen... it's a pretty cool, simple effect). I went through all of them, and here's what I got:

[ QUOTE ]
    Question: can I sell my soul here?
    Answer: once you are willing, it no longer has any value...

Question: how much does it cost?
    Answer: how much is it worth?

Question: this a joke?
    Answer: if that is what you choose to believe

Question: what do i get?
    Answer: a fleeting possibility that you can change your life

Question: where can I get more info?
    Answer: there are no answers, only more questions

Question: is this real?
    Answer: if you want to change things... you have to start somewhere

Question: results?
    Answer: none or immediate... its totally up to you

Question: how fast is this?
    Answer: it takes forever, but if you are serious, things will change immediately

Question: refund policy
    Answer: there are absolutely no refunds
    Answer: we are just facilitating the transaction
    Answer: you are re-purchasing your own property at the value that you set

[/ QUOTE ]

On the right-hand side, there is a link that reads "yes" the whole time. When you click it, you get this:

[ QUOTE ]
    You are re-purchasing your own property at the value that you set. We are just facilitating the transaction. As only you know the amount required to redeem yourself, we can only accept your payment on good faith as a donation. Subsequently, there are no refunds or guarantees. all payments are final.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you click "ok," it goes on to say:

[ QUOTE ]
    warning:
    this is not a game. this requires a valid credit card, the amount you select will be charged to your card.
    payment processing is handled by the C S I secure linkpoint system. all IP addresses are logged. any
    attempt to use a fraudulent or stolen credit card will result in a $1000 liability and criminal prosecution.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you click, "agree" (as opposed to "disagree"), a window pops up that has a text box labeled "human" (where I'm assuming you type your name) and a drop down box to select an amount (the two options I see are $20 or $200). After you enter a name and select an amount, the next page is a form to enter your address, credit card number, etc. That's where I stopped.

This is obviously a scam... by going through this, people (stupid, gullible people) are supposed to believe that they sold their soul, and are now given a chance to "donate" money to "redeem" themselves... either that or I'm going to hell laugh.gif.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    It's actually pretty genius how they have this setup. The way the text is animated, reading the questions and answers takes a real effort because the words are constantly floating towards the screen. Because of the effort required to actually read the questions and answers, the person reading them feels like they are making a conscious choice. All of the questions elude to pretty much the same thing, so if you keep reading them, it is supposed to make you feel guilty for supposedly entertaining the idea of selling your soul. What a fucked up scam.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I already sold my soul to totl.net for some stupid game credits frown.gif at least the devil doesn't have it.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I sold Soul to the devil, is that wrong?
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Wait, I thought it was his portfolio that got him hired at EA?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    this kind of things make me laugh laugh.gif
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    funny, the url just forwards me to Apple's online store... does it do that for anyone else?

laugh.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Pfft. I may as well go to church to get ripped off like that.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    it used to be an alternate web site portal, with hosting solutions. a lot of the sites were creative media based. you could only acess these sites with a login which you got via an odd essay application. i was accepted, and dissapoitned with content.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    god...what people make to fool others..its sad....very sad...