Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Newly Cleaned Website

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
After some complaints about my website i decided to do a cleanup of all the crap. Mainly no more 2d section.

I still have a few things to add that are not up yet but will be when i wake up. Things like the zombie town, and a forest scene.

Looking for some art tests to do as well, so post links to them if you know them.

and here is the link as always.

www.tgz3d.com

Did i cut too much? or do you like the new clean cut look?

Replies

• Todd Dinosaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Todd Dinosaur polycounter lvl 18
    Is strait to the point and no fluff. All the stuff I need and want to see right away. Thank you for changing that avatar too.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    font is a bit puffy
  • kat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kat polycounter lvl 17
    I'm puzzled, are you the same guy as http://www.harshcg.com/environment.html? Both yours and his site have the same 'Lab' renders?
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    No, that is Harshdeep a guy from Vancouver Canada, they both happened to model the same art test which is that metal room with glowing orb.
  • kat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kat polycounter lvl 17
    Oh. Thanks for that, thought it was a bit odd otherwise!
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    no, you didn't cut too much TGZ. portfolios never fully reflect an artist's worth, but this does a far better job than the previous one, reflecting all the hard work you've been doing recently.

it'll be good to see the zombie town stuff up, that's definitely been a very fruitful project for you.

the typeface is a bit odd looking though, as hawken says. personally i've always found something a bit more formal/classical does the trick better... if you like sans serif faces, any number of ones designed by the Bauhaus would be good. there just seems to be a lot of empty space in that header area (though the actual portfolio stuff is nicely presented). in any case, good job cleaning up shop smile.gif
  • carakong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carakong polycounter lvl 17
    Cool, nice stuff, I remember seeing this site some time ago, it looks better
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Nice work. The only thing that bugs me is how you presented the zombie town. The thumbnails look interesting but then when you go see the larger images there are four zoomed out views which are all bunched up together an compete like hell with each other making it very hard on the viewer. What's worse is that they don't show off the work which looks nicely done but you can't see anything close up. I think you should just put them under each other with a little space in between and show some close ups as well.

Alex
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I plan on making a closer render set when i get the other goodies in.
    As for the font, i like it. Its readable as its drafting font, and i used it on everything.

here is a quick peice i made tonight, not finished but done for tonight.
    caveren.jpg