Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Speeder car.... thing

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
apocalypse polycounter lvl 18
G'day Guys, long time listener first time poster here. I thought I'd start to post stuff I'm working on for my reel as you guys have been a huge inspiration to me.

car-01.jpg

car-02.jpg
Regarding the car, I'm just making a futurey car that would be used in battle. I'm still in the process of optimising and adding stuff here and there. I will add a mounted weapon and interior soon.

please dont hesitate giving me feedback grin.gif

Replies

• EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    greetings! though, I'm fairly new myself.. smile.gif

Cool, I actually really like this design... there are a few things that i might suggest. The size of the wheels vs the size of shaft (that they are connected to) gives me the feeling that it's fairly flimsy. On the same token, dropping down the size of the front wheels would exsentuate the flow that you already have going. Whereas, leaving the tires the same, and increasing the size of the bracket around the axle seems like it would give it a sturdier/beefier feel.

I'm not too much of a 3d guy, but from what I do know, your mesh looks clean and seems to have pretty good flow. I'd really like to see front, top, and bottom shots to see how you've unified the main parts.

Anyway.. Look'n pretty cool, I look forward to seeing this one progress. smile.gif
  • apocalypse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apocalypse polycounter lvl 18
    back again,
    I thickened the axels and I think they look a bit sturdier now, thanks for pointing it out, mate. Although u cant really see it in these screenshots. grin.gif
    Front:
    car-03.jpg
    Rear:
    car-04.jpg

shot of the interior: I didnt want to put in a steering wheel so I'm going with these 2 joysticky things for something different.
    car-06.jpg

I updated the tires and modelled the interior. I'm still not happy with the rear wheels, the control handles and the chair. I will revisit it later, coz I've had it for today. The polycount is 3950 so far, a bit high for what I planned but I can always optimize later.

Here is a top,side and bottom shot, not much detail that you can see. It tends to just blend in together, sorry bout that.
    car-05.jpg
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I like it, now give it a good texture.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I think this is pretty slick looking.

Simplified mesh could have made a strong contestant in the current Challenge wink.gif
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    Hey,

I like the design you have here. Some things I notice though:

-The track width seems a bit narrow ( the width between the front two and rear two tyres.) Which would make the vehicle unstable on uneven surfaces.
    -IMO the car would look much better with wider tyres, perhaps just the rear ones 1.6x or so. I think then your "Speeder" would convey that fact about itself much better.
    -You have wasted far too many polies on the headrest in the interior.

Good job so far.