Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Male Police Character

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
RE3456 polycounter lvl 18
This character is inspired by the Resident evil series and might be used in www.nosferatuthegame.com as a human character. Any c&c will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

police.jpg

closeup.jpg

High res version

Replies

• TryForce
    Offline / Send Message
    TryForce polycounter lvl 18
    wires? loosk good.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    his arms seema bit thin at the middle imo , and the face seems kinda odd, it doesnt look much human , maybe studying the human skull will help you .

sorry if i sound to vague but my head hurts...
  • Jaco
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Maybe he needs a bit more forehead? The forearm and hand might be a bit small as well. Other than that it's looking good.
    You could add a bit more detail to the textures. Maybe some police insignias, or stripes? A holster and some ammo pouches might look good too.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I'd change that pose also... unless he's supposed to be gay, in that case, it's fine wink.gif

I agree though, the inner elbow should and the skull shape be adjusted. His eyes could use a little more detail also so they don't stand out so much.
  • Daedalus
    Offline / Send Message
    Daedalus polycounter lvl 18
    agree with the top comment.
    Cool model BTW but it need more crestand badge, police stuff ya know. I'm also not sure about the bandage on the forearm.
    and the "cylinder"on the stomach area. find them a bit overkill.
  • RE3456
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciated it. lol@ comment about the pose, actually he is gay, j/k. I do agree I need to work on the pose more. Again thanks for the feedback guys, keep them coming smile.gif
  • RE3456
    Offline / Send Message
    for some reason I think the model looks better from the viewport so I did a print screen and decided to post them too, I guess I really need to work on my rendering skill. Anyway here it is oh and he is now in a more non gay pose grin.gif

viewport.jpg
  • Quasar
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Looking good over all.

On top of what everyone else has mentioned, I'd like to point out that the eyes are too white. Just add some flesh colour to them so they look more natural.
  • CMB
    Offline / Send Message
    CMB polycounter lvl 18
    His wrist is as wide as his nose...
    And maybe as jaco says,"more forehead"
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Cranium is definitely a bit too small. His eyes should be at about the midpoint of his head. Entire head might be a bit on the small side too, though it may just be the fact that its a little out of proportion vertically.

It'd probably look better if you defined the outside of the nostils a bit more where the jut horizontally out of the nose.
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    One thing that sticks out to me is that his forearm looks like its simply a tapered cylinder. It doesn't really have the shape of a forearm.
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    He is TOO SYMMETRICAL. There are 2 ways to fix this:

1. Alter the model
    2. Alter the textures.

Now, I don't know if you have mirrored any UVs, but with 3 x 512 maps you shoulnd't have. So get into your texture and work up some differences.

The modelling changes are easy - just hide half of your model and start pulling those points about, then do the same for the others side.

m-vtg-cut-front.jpg

If you look at this image you can see that one leg is wider, and that they hang totally differently at the ankle.

By massaging the points a little you will break up the silhouette and just crank everything up a notch.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    The vest, I think needs more research, Most of the tacticalvests are made by Armor Holdings and their various subsidiaries, such as Safariland and Blackhawk Tactical Here's a product page of Blackhawk tactical gear:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Blac...amp;oi=froogler

The trousers would be probably BDU cut, but made of a deepr blue, and thicker Sateen, rather than ripstop. Boots would be Tactical sneakers (trainers), basically a lightweight leather or curdura boot with a thin sneaker type sole, rather than the current Combat boots. Addidas used to make boots for the German GSG9, and American tactical teams and some street cops would order those out of catalogues. You may also want to give him knee pads. Hoestly they are the same black ones that skateboarders wear.

On the anatomy itsel, his wrists are too thin.

Hope this helps

Scott
  • RE3456
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks a lot guys, those comments are really helpful, you guys point out a lot of flaws that I never noticed before. Thank you smile.gif
  • Titan
    Offline / Send Message
    Titan polycounter lvl 18
    in addition to the above comments..the eyes are sticking out to me as needing some adjustment...looks like they may a bit high...and too bright...
    overall really nice job though...!