Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Come Join Team Orbit-Neo Cairo Orbit Wars(UT2k4)

Agent-X
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Agent-X polycounter lvl 18
Come Join Team Orbit-Neo Cairo Orbit Wars(UT2k4 mod team)

Interested in making a sci fi action adventure first person/thirdperson shooter MMOG RPG? Then this is the team for you!

Hi My name is John Inman. I was just going through the forums here and I noticed they have a mod team recruiting section. It just happens to be that I am apart of an Unreal Tounrnament 2004 mod team, called Team Orbit. Team Orbit is a group of highly talented underground gorilla game developers.

I am looking to add new members to the Neo Cairo: Orbit Wars project. So if you are an artist, level designer, programmer then we want you. We are currently developing for the Unreal Tournament 2004 engine and prepping up all our contents for the next generation Unreal engine, Unreal 3.
Here is our team website: http://teamorbit.beyondunreal.com/

If you are interested in joining please contact me. I am easy to get a hold of.
Here are my instant messangers
yahoo: extremecreations2001
AIM: AgentxTeam
MSN: extremecreations2001@yahoo.com
You can also email me at extremecreations2001@yahoo.com

I look foward to hearing from all of you.

Thanks,
John Inman
AKA Agent-X

Replies

• FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Gorilla game developers? Well I suppose the opposable thumbs DOES help them use the controller!
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    There is a request forum for that...
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Does this mean I can spam mine in General also now? laugh.gifwink.gif
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Interested in making a sci fi action adventure first person/thirdperson shooter MMOG RPG? Then this is the team for you!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you also make it a Western RTS Puzzle Platformer, MAYBE.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    OMFG!!! I have ALWAYS wanted to make a sci fi action adventure first person/thirdperson shooter MMOG RPG!!!!!!!!!! too cool!
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Does it have big boobed robot-ninja-pirate-babes

does it

does it

??
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Since when did everyone turn into an asshole? There IS content on this mod teams site, unlike 99% of the requests. And I have been working on a prototype sci-fi FPS/RTS, so i dont see why you guys mock the genre. I also just started as a simple idea, and got a few industry vets to help out.

Cholden, i'm especially disapointed in you. You've been in his situation i'm sure with the development of your educational game. tsk tsk.

Agent, keep pressing on, ignore these people. You have spirit, which tends to gather talent. You may want to start saving up small chunks of chash though. Spend about 30-40 for some nice concept art to attract more modelers. Even if it's just one peice at a time.

-nanny mode off.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Thats because he posted it in GD, DUH___
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Your disappointment would be more effective if I knew who you were. Have you ever pimped here? My situation was no way like this, and we were constantly ridiculed by our peers for making an educational game. My point was directed at a basic broken rule from my stickied article. Also, have a read down the requests thread, that's all people do is rip on the posts.

Agent-X, is your mod's content based on a donation system? I recognized a few things that may have been made before you started this mod.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no one needs to know. i'm just saying, you were made fun of, so why do it to others. golden rule and stuff. im not 100% serious about it.

requests being flamed is why you dont see a lot of new custom player models. i remember back in polycounts younger days that the requests thread was welcomed and *gasp* people actually responded. Working on a mod = practice AND usefullness.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    Then again, all promise is thrown out the window if you're working on a "sci fi action adventure first person/thirdperson shooter MMOG RPG". Too ambitious, and will fail if they keep it in that direction. This is no different than all of the other failing MMORPGS in the requests section.

and i swore neocairo had better pr than this
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont see why you say this. I'm one man, and i've been able to organize efforts and secure assets for a persistant ranking system in a 32 player fps/rts, and i'm just a hobbyist. Publicity and interest is half the battle really. Most mods do lack spirit, so shooting high is'nt really a bad thing if they have realistic expectations to carve the game into something doable FROM those high expectations.

Afterall, every game released last year was over hyped, and even on pro teams they bombed. The mod scene is what made things interesting, and it's dissapointing to see users on a mod/PPM based board flame all these requests.

Yes some are ridiculous, but this is far from it. Models, environments, vehicles,weapons all in-game with screenshots is more than most requesters have.