Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

7 Famous heads

sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
Joao Sapiro sublime tool
(i know this is major spamage, but whatever lol )

RENDERS

HEAD RENDERS

These heads started with me wanting to improve my head modeling and texturing knowledge, they are by order in the image, from the top left to the bottom right , beeing the bottom right the most recent. the fisrt two were textured by mouse, then i received my wacom and kept trying it :P
With university i barely have time to do anything, but i try to do something lol.

frontal wireframes

wireframe1vq.jpg

anyways heres the textures :

textures3xl.jpg

hope u like it

now...onto my next project....

Replies

• Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Well...errr.. its really impressive stuff, but do you mind telling who they are supposed to be?

First dude looks like snape from harry potter, second dude I dont know, 3rd looks like willy wonka, 4th and 5th I have no clue , 6th looks like the lead singer from my chemical romance, and the last guy looks like gregory from house [show on fox]. Good stuff
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Yeh, who are they - or if you want us to guess, show us the models WITH textures.
  • Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Blehh, ok second guess:

1 - Alan Rickman [harry potter]
    2 - John Goodman [The Big Lebowski]
    3 - Johnny Depp [willy wonka]
    4 - Billie Joe [green day]
    5 - Ewan McGregor [star wars]
    6 - Gerard Way [my chemical romance]
    7 - Hugh Laurie [house]

Thats as good as I can guess tongue.gif.
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    I'd like to see the textures ON the models as well.
    Other than that, great work!
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    click on the head renders guys ... btw top notch work !
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    hehe, yea you can only see the renders if you go to cgtalk smile.gif

Cool work though.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    oh my i hope that u guys can see them , if you guys cant plz let me know and ill upload the images here.

Enix : you certainly have a very good memory wink.gif a cookie to you lol;)

keep em coming lol
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    They seem to show up on my friend's computer. Dunno why.

They look great with the textures applied, but the models seem a bit.... blotchy and flat from an angle or side. The noses are especially victims as they have no naval or nasel definition.
    Pay close attention to the curves of the nostral, and the little corner on the end of the nose.
    rhinoplasty1.JPG

Here, whipped this up real quick.

noses.jpg
    It's a little chart of naval definition. I'm..... not sure how you can interprett this. When I finished I started to wonder how you could possibly use this, but maybe it'll be worth your time.
    Uh, pay attention to the angles... and such. The bone in the nose will stick out sometime and the hook of the nose will sink in, or the nose will bulge and curl. Other times, the undernose will have a steeper angle, but that's mostly found on Asians and A-Americans.

The starwars guy... Obi Won?.... has the generic flatline ridge. I have that too, not proud of my boring nose....

anyway, front on your stuff is a spitting image. Fantastic textures!!
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i really thank you man,not only i got to understand even more as you also helped me out on sketching XD
    unfortunately i only had side references for the last head frown.gif but by observing some images and drawing i tried to simulate a side image lol , i know its wrong, but my next work will hav it fixed laugh.gif

VERY APPRECIATED wink.gif
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Holy shit, is that HOUSE!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    they look very good, but could be better. my main criticism is that the alpha'd hair isnt too clean, theres a lot of parts that look almost scribbled. and i dont think youve quite captured billie joe's "hey im quite obviously addicted to crack, but no ones supposed to know... shhhhhh" look.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    my only crit is that the renders link, links to another art forum. Bad manners! smile.gif
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    really fantastic textures. probably some of the best face textures i've seen on here from anyone aside from maybe b1ll.
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Johnny ;O

As i already told u awesome work... the textures are just superb.

Now one or two small critics wink.gif :from a front view the models look great, but on the perspective shot they all seem a bit odd, perhaps as Makkon said the nose wink.gif other than the alpha on the hair isn't from the same quality as the diffuse.

Other than 5 stars work mate, as Earthquake said, one of the best head textures ever... don't forget to teach me a trick or two now hehe
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work jj,

Guess im not the only one nagging you about the profiles wink.gif, cant wait to see your next project!