Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

3D modeler/animator (new ut2k4 mod)

vgadjo
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
vgadjo polycounter lvl 18
request: modeler/animator
soft: 3DSmax or Maya (preference for 3DS)
mod engine: ut2k4
game type: stealth-action

Hi everyboy,

I'm a member of a french mod team. We're in a game design school named Supinfogame and we're going to develop a project in the following six months with UT2k4.

A good friend of mine who was in this school last year told me there were several skilled people here. You may know him as Vahl.

We're looking for at least one modeler/animator, the most important thing being animation to help us create the characters in the game. The big challenge is to be able to provide the feeling of paper in the animations. Why paper ? The following pitch explains the basics of the game.

pitch:

P Project is a game where the player takes the control of a character made of paper, lost in the real world. Fragile and flat as the drawing he's from, he will use his incredible physical properties to face the dangers around him. Staying hidden to the eyes of men, he's going to look for other characters like him to go back to his own world...

This is a game mixing adventure, platform and the most important, stealth elements. The main character is a drawing and he can make many unexpected actions to stay hidden such as yield himself, hide behind a piece of furniture, go into a painting...

short story:

Using a strange machine, a crazy scientist give life to drawings. Proud of his discover, after having played a moment with his creations, he decides to sell them at a very high price as pets.
Lost and fragile, the creatures rapidely understant that they're prisoners of the real world, out of their own universe.

game features:

- stealth with a character made of paper
- the biggest dangers aren't the expected ones
- an adventure mixing humour and poetry

first graphical elements:

persos_planche1.jpg
the main character and some characters and animals

savant_planche1.jpg
the scientist and his lab

As I said before, this is a school project and you can be sure that there will be a result. Another interesting point is that it will be judged by french professionals coming from studios such as Ubisoft, Pam developpment, Eden studios (Atari), etc.

If you're interested and want to know more about us and the project, feel free to PM me.
Please, send a link showing your previous works.

Thank you.

vgadjo.

edit: I just wanted to add a link to a small Farcry mod the team did in five days: Wages of Fear

Replies

• Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    oh noes! more SupInfogame freaks!!
    hehe you're project seams solid hope you'll find someone for you're needs

bonne chance!
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    Yah, their project is really interesting, I followed it before leaving the school, they are very serious guys, mostly programmers, and they already have something running with a few gameplay elements developped.Check their farcry mod, it has been developped in less than a week (common exercise in supinfogame) and they arleady have some experience with the unreal engine (splinter cell level design and studies/sources of the project I worked on last year.
    The school works with milestones, which means they HAVE to make significant progresses each month, so be assured that the project will be completed.
    Plus, the school is also a project management school, which means, they HAVE to make and respect a very serious planning, the team is working like a little game studio (6 people + additional people)

As he said, the project it shown to industry professionals, and contact information about the members of each team are given to these professionals (including members external to the school) which can be a good opportunity.
    I remember that at least 4 people came straight after the presentation to offer jobs to each member of our team, and I recieved like 3/4 more offers by mail after this too.
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18