Home Technical Talk

Odd post... Good Graphic Design forums.

Sage
polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Sage polycounter lvl 19
Hi I'm wondering if any of you know a good sites to show off graphic design, logos and web design material. Well my mother is trying to start her career as a Graphic Artist, and she can do all kinds of stuff but sort of needs help getting started. I can only do so much. I'm not sure these boards would be ideal for the kind of work she does, but she is a very good realistic painter. smile.gif Anyway our tastes are a bit different and I'm not really into graphic design and I think she would be a very good texture artist because of her natural ability but I haven't been able to get her over her fear of computers yet but I'm working on it. If any of you know of a good site to get feed back and advise on how to improve graphic/web design let me know. Thanks.

Alex
her site

Replies

• Option
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Option polycounter lvl 18
    Those whirlpool images, well, one word, spherize. A word of advice, FILTERS LOOK TACKY, or most of them do. I call them processed imagery, since you can replicate the EXACT same image over and over again. Other than that though, her art does seem quite good, does she have a tablet? Anyways, try out http://www.revora.net/ for hosting. Its free for artists and creative types and theres unlimited space and bandwidth. Its a dream come true for me after going through all those really bad free providers. Defitely check it out.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    i haven't been to these sites in a while....but....

try spoono.com and phong.com
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Option I am trying to get her to weed out all her weak digital art. wink.gif In fact I want her to get rid of her current site so she can make it look more professional. She's been a painter all her life. All her paintings are either oil, acrylic or watercolors. She also did some sculputure when she was younger. I got her a tablet but she never uses it. I'm trying to get her used to using it wink.gif She is trying to sell her paintings and boy does she have many. Thanks for the feedback.

Alex