Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ding, Another Portfolio Site

Dio
Dio
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Dio polycounter lvl 18
Seems like it tis the season to launch websites, and then have the polycounters critique. So heres mine. . .

JPisME.com

Im fishing for crits on everything here and any are much appreciated, I suspect I need them.

Replies

• Ooghijmiqtxxa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ooghijmiqtxxa polycounter lvl 17
    -Move your name and info from the top right to the top left. It will flow much better and whoever is looking at the site won't have to search for your name and info.

-Get rid of that image background. No need for it and it doesn't tile very well. It will look much cleaner without it.

-You might want to redo those buttons for Resume, Reels, etc.. At least get some transparency on there so you don't see them as rectangles.

-The way you did the breakdown of the different models is great. I think you did a great job on that. You are giving them everything they would want. The only thing I would change is add a little watermark on all the images in the corners with your name and the site address. This way, if someone who is looking at your work saves the image, they know where it came from.

-Get rid of archive or just add them to your reel. If you aren't proud enough to put them on your reel, don't put them on the page.

-Work on the Resume part of the site. It looks very thrown together. Try to get a better formatting and text. Right now it looks rushed.

-On the reels portion of the site, get rid of that info on Divx. If you need put that info on there, put it on the bottom of the page in small text.

Overall, you're doing just fine. You just need to clean it up a bit and make it easier/more pleasing for the people to look at. You should have a great looking site in no time.