Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Porportions correct? WIP

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TechSmith polycounter lvl 18
Long time no pimp. Actually this is such a lame pimp I think it might need to be in 2d&3d. I just want to get an opinion on the porportions of this "gal" You can crit other things if you want, but as you can tell by the state of the model it's still very WIPish.

Also if anyone has advice on making good lips ( for subdivision) I would love to hear it. She used to have a face but I'm in the process of redoing it. She had a bad case of FUGLY.

FAwire02.jpg
FAwire04.jpg
BTW it's female creature that has no breasts. Just in case someone wanted to mention lack of boobies :P

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    The proportions look fine to me, a bit exagerated, but that is ok for a character like this.
    Maybe scaling it a bit along the Y axis would make it a bit better, since especially the head (& maybe upper torso) looks a bit long.

Oh and the lower legs look broken wink.gif

Since the mesh is at such an early phase, I am not going to comment on the mesh-structure... but there is lots of room for improvement so to say tongue.gif
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    I think the knees need to be just a little wider. Give them some meat from the thighs smile.gif
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TechSmith polycounter lvl 18
    I've been working on the face. It still sucks, but it's the best one I've ever done.
    For the porportion., I was going for 8 heads high. It looks like I'm a bit off on that. I have the height, but things don't look like they are placed corrrectly. Could I get some crits on what to do here? I've been staring at the model too long to see what to do.
    porp.jpg
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    dig the chunkey feet! To my eyes, the lower legs bend outward a bit much from the knee, I would be tempted to rotate them in a bit- unless its a design choice like the boobies smile.gif. Sometimes at this unfinished state its good to throw back into photoshop and paint over bits how you would like it to finish up, then go back to the model and tweak in that direction. I find it helps anyway if you feel a lack of direction when modelling.
  • Kytos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kytos polycounter lvl 18
    The thighs and the rest of her proprtions look well done. But I'd have to agree with the knee comment. At the size they are now I think they'd have a hard time supporting the rest of her weight.