Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tiger I High Poly Model

saturnfive
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
saturnfive polycounter lvl 18
A brief respite from all that sci-fi smile.gif Modelled and rendered in Max 7 with a tad of photoshoppery.

Tiger1_04.jpg

Tiger1_05.jpg

A few more renders on my site, here:

Saturnfive 3D page

Replies

• malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Nice one! I built a panzer iv myself, good luck texturing that sucker I unwrapped mine in the 0-1 range for camo and it was quite painful.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Not bad, though I am spotting a couple of errors, such as the shape of the hull machine gun ports and the shape of the individual Track Links. However the amount of detail and general density is pretty good.

Do you need blueprints?

Scott
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Ruggels will always get you on the shape of your machine gun ports. laugh.gif

nice renders... GI is overplayed, but there's a lot of great detail on the model so you're forgiven smile.gif
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Yes. The render is completely blown out. Looks good. I especially like all the stuff on the back.
  • saturnfive
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    saturnfive polycounter lvl 18
    Cheers guys!

Malcolm: Its not going to be textured, just a modelling exercise really. Great work on your Panzer btw the detail and the welds are very effective.

Scott: Ha Ha I knew someone was going to get me on the authenticity, I used some very low-res blueprints for the outline, the rest is improvised from a few photos. I'm not intending to do any further work on it, but if you have blueprints I'd be really interested to see them smile.gif

Gauss and Ninjas: Thanks, actually I should have said, but the overexposed look is completely intentional- I was going for something a bit more stylized than a straightforward render. This is the result of comping several different renders together.