Home Full time/Part time work

Free Radical Design are recruting!

cardigan
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
cardigan polycounter lvl 17
Hi there folks,

I've not been around for a while and only ever really lurked on polycount anyway (being more of a mapper than a modeller at the time), but a few of you might remember me from the halcyon days of Quake 3 (happy sigh of nostalgia). Since then I've been working at Free Radical Design, where I'm now lead artist on one of the teams.

We're currently looking for environment artists to work on one of two games destined for the next-gen consoles and PC. Industry experience is absolutely not required, we just want to see some fantastic environment art (or maps, in the old language ) with oodles of atmosphere and visual flair.

Our artists work on all aspects of an environment - modelling, texturing and lighting and so it's important to have skills in all these areas.

A good understanding of current graphics technology will also be an advantage - by this I mean things like generating and applying normal and specular maps. The more technical understanding you have the better.

It's helpful if you know how to use a professional 3d package (ideally Maya), but again this is not a requirement. The main thing is that you love games and want to make the best art you possibly can.

Note that we are not looking for character artists, or environment artists who really want to be character artists (we get a lot of those) smile.gif

If you're interested and can either commute or relocate to Nottingham, England, then please send a CV with a covering letter and examples of your work to:

Personnel Dept.
Free Radical Design Ltd.
Unit 1, Interchange 25
Bostocks Lane
Sandiacre
Nottingham
NG9 5QG

Alternatively, email the lot to jobs@frd.co.uk

Replies