Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

AGATHE *nudity*

Ramucho
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
agathewip8cy.jpg

YO! second year at school and after our first film totaly sucked we had to take our revenge!
Well I'm personally not a fan of the style my mates are going for but being the character artist of the team I just hope I'll take as much freedom as I want changing the original designs cool.gif

Back to the main character model; she's supposed to be a little girl (approx. 10 years old) still a wip so the loops are stil a little bit messy on the ear,nose and mouth corner area, also don't pay attention to the neck as i haven't worked more than 30 mins on it.
Being not used to draw nor to model young subjects I'd like to have some tips on the overall anatomy to give her a realistic/stylized/cute look (something like final fantasy: AC crazy.gif).
And I wouldn't mind any extra paintover or refs wink.gif

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    I suck at painting, so no overdraw smile.gif

But I think she looks too youngs for a 10 year old. Right now I would guess she is a approximatly 6 year old or maybe even younger. I would slim down the face if you want to make her look a bit older.

Oh and a less pointy nose might make her look cuter.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    yah I'd say 5/6 Y/o aswell, though technically, it's a really good start

I won't echo Julius as he pointed out what I noticed aswell smile.gif just be careful not to separate the ear too much from the head.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    To cut back on the semi-6 year old look you could try making the chin a tad larger and defining the cheekbones. The nose should probably be turned up a little and nostrils pulled up a tiny bit to look more like a child's. The jaw stretches a long way back which also places the ear a long way back. I think bringing these forward a bit would make things look a little less odd.

COming along well. You've got a decent looking mesh there, just a few proportional tweaks to get her looking that bit better.
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    gatha4dp.jpg

holidays are over and now I have 2 more days to finish this model's body then i'll have more time working on the outfits and refining the face 'cuz I still don't like it. Muscles are too "edgy" on the torso for a lil'girl will fix that later.
    Still needs some cleaning and detailing work but, well every crit is welcome! tongue.gif

edit:[13:27] <EarthQuake> so... more fatty, and some boobage
    heh will work on those!!
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Young girls done have that narrow waists i think.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    the head mesh seems VERY clean to me wink.gifi like the slight muscle definition, very appaling . i agree with Toomas, althou
    it isnt entirely true, it all depends on the constituition of the waist development begins more and less at 11 , so a slight
    narrowness isnt bad, althou not exagerated.
    She is a tad skinny, but it helps the muscle definition .

keep working on it !