Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Officer dude

spider2cool
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
here is a police officer dude I whipped up for Leonardo and his mod. I have not made a guy model in quite a long time. I am quite pleased with it. I am sure I am done with the modeling part of it. I am going to move on to the mapping and texturizing part of the process. If there is something that looks abit odd or needs fixing please shoot me your C&C. I would rather fix things now than have to go back to tweek(which i will probably do anyway). here is a referance I used too.
fin15ua.th.jpg
image144ax.th.jpg

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good!

The head is kind of large compaired to the ref. Because it is bigger it kind of gives the model a childish appearance. Off to a good start get that head under control and things should be fine =)
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    finally started working on the texture. it took me a while cuz i was on holiday visiting the in-laws. c&c welcome. stuggling with the hands a little, but i am still tweeking them.
    halfway15jj.th.jpg
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    looks cool. like a younger stormtrooper. hehe. Not sure how you unwrapped, but it would be nice to see more variation in his suit, instead of being mirrored.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    the chest piece isn't mirrored thats the AD Police logo.

but yes, definately push the skin a bit so its less flat colors. I realize its an anime style mod/skin, but it still could use some more punch. harder shadow detail on the mask, and more definition on the hands. currently they are still really blurry.

I do think he'll look good riding around on my bike though. wink.gif
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, ok...he is finally all textured. i will probably still do some tweeking here and there so C and C are still very much welcome. he is going to be mirrored for the most part, exception; the chest and the gun holster. I wanted to spread out the model as much as i could to get the most out of the texture without loosing definition in the pixels. I am glad someone else from the mod team other than leonardo could give me some crits. thanx Vailias. I can not wait to see him on your bike. Seriously I had alot of fun making this guy, and i am happy with the results. ok, ok, on with the viewing.
    fin11os.jpg
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    If I were to model this guy, he might be proportioned more like this:
    gurepro.jpg
    that's all I got.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i got some thoughts from the other people working on the mod and what i used what they said with what some of things that were mentioned here to make some changes. I will still do some more tweeking i think, so just keep'em coming guys. It really is helping. Notice the back and shading on the helmet and chest piece.
    newer27ip.th.jpg