Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

1rst post cont'd.

amadikus
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
amadikus polycounter lvl 18
I hope everyone is doing well. I decided to make a post to show you guys my progress on my character model. The only thing is I'm too embarassed to post the uv map. (LOL) I'm going to start it over tonight. There were some silly mistakes that I made that caused stretching and other weird crap to happen. I hope to have this stuff resolved by friday so I can post another progress by saturday. Anyways, this is where I was before deciding to change.

asneketh_finmultiturns%20copy.jpg

asneketh_wip%20copy.jpg

Replies

• gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    you can continue on with this post as is, but for the next tiem you post a piece, please keep all the updates in one thread. it keeps the forum tidier, and more to the point, most people like to see the progression--how can we tell if you're getting better if we don't remember what the previous iterations look like?

that being said, looks like a strong start on the texture and the geometry looks more confident than before. but as i was just saying, hard to compare when i don't have the older shots to compare to smile.gif
  • amadikus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    amadikus polycounter lvl 18
    gauss: thanks for the comment and critique. I did'nt know that I could continue from the previous posts. Thanks again and sorry about that.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    is it ok for me to say that I just dont like the hair at all? I find it silly...

The rest of the model, I like. Although it does look like there is a ton of polys on those little belt ornaments.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    for what i can see the loops on your head seem VERY horizontal...they arent smooth as a human face is supposed to be.