Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female head (1,500 polies)

thnom
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
thnom polycounter lvl 18
I drew out the concept for marines/kmans and mine cgchat comp, and blocked out the head then realised I wasn't warmed up. I then did this, and finished it today (wednesday), started it Friday night (initial 2 hours work) then about another 5 on and off or something. These shots are missing the hair planes - but I'm not sure about them yet. I don't have Max open right this minute but it's around 1,500 (w/o existing hair planes; 1,700 with).
Crits and stuff are welcome - I'm always looking to improve; any help on hair planes would be nice too smile.gif

Angle:
strip-90-angle.jpg

Front:
strip-90-front.jpg

Side(right):
strip-90-sright.jpg

Side(left):
strip-90-sleft.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a136/thnom/female-head/ for some more shots (progress). 'strip5-hair' shows some of the pre-existing hair planes (the hair twizzles around it).

Reference was: http://free-textures.got3d.com/natural/f...an-3/index.html (Thanks a lot tinex for this AWESOME link!)

Replies

• StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    that's quite a forehead
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I like what you've done with the eyes/sockets. maybe try some alpha planes for the eyelashes too.

this is inspirational so please keep it up! laugh.gif
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Finished the model! Added some hair planes (they look pretty shit and "just there" right now) which should add to the hair depth and feel of it when skinned.

1876 polies max is giving me. I've exported the skins out at 512 each.

uv1.jpg
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Looks pretty good. I'd make the alpha planes on the forehead quite a lot bigger, because you'll find you can't actually do much with them when it comes to texturing at the moment.
    Did you fix her forehead in the side view? StrangeFate was right, it was rather insanely bulbous originally.
    Mesh looks pretty nice, and the features are well placed and shaped mostly.
    Keep it up smile.gif