Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Need modellers for Q4 HexenTC:

Slyrr
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Slyrr polycounter lvl 18
Slyrr here. Folks familiar with my UT2004 models may wonder why I haven't come out with any new ones for several months. Well, I have been making lots of models, just not for UT2004.

I'm part of the team for the Doom3 engine TC of Hexen and I've been doing their monster models and other models. We've just made the leap to the Quake4 engine and some exciting stuff is brewing.

The project is very ambitious and has ALL custom content. Short story is, we need talented modellers to make creature, NPC and player model content - the meat and potatos of any mod and the most fun stuff to do!

Requirements?
1) Must be familiar with Doom3 engine editing (or at least willing to learn it).
2) Must be a BIG fan of the Heretic/Hexen mythology devoted to making it the best of the best.
3) Above all, be a great modeller/animator who doesn't burn out and give up after an enthusiastic start.

That last one is really important. If you plan on showing up for a week of work or so on the mod, then get sidetracked by 'real life issues' and gradually do less and less, then disappear totally, we don't need that. It's a serious TC with serious content, and we need folks who will seriously devote time to doing it well and right.

The TC boss, Bloodrayne, puts it this way:

searching.jpg

I remember seeing news of a Hexen TC to the Unreal engine, but I also remember reading that it was squashed by either EPIC or Raven for copyright purposes or something. Whoever was behind that project - here's your chance to stick it to whoever it was who killed your mod. Because Raven Software has shown interest, not animosity, toward THIS project.

If you love the Hexen universe and want to play it with Quake4 power, visit our home page: http://edgeofchaos.planetdoom.gamespy.com/

And use the contact info there. The boss would be delighted, believe'n you me. smile.gif

Slyrr

Replies