Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Back Again

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Empty polycounter lvl 18
Sup, been a long while since my last post. Ive just been busy with mod work. Anyways Ive been working on this on and off, just concentrating on getting my mesh flow smooth and not over flexing my muscles.

refs from www.3d.sk

Just laid a mesh smooth over it for this render.
girl10copy.jpg
girl11.jpg
girlFace.jpg
girlTorso.jpg

I plan on adding hair..maybe some clothing..who knows. I'd really like what you guys think. I can already see a few problems but I'll just leave it up to you all to pick out.

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the hands! It is so nice to see hands that don't resemble ugly cylinders mangled into fingers in under .5 seconds like most people do (myself included).

I am a little worried about the mid-torso area. Without rigging/weighting the "tummy" area myself and running some animation tests I couldn't say if it would (or wouldn't) work well with the loops going the way they are. It's different, but that doesn't mean it won't work.

You might be able to trim a few polys out of the head?

Looks great! Can't wait to see it unwrapped and textured.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Nice, the face looks much better now.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    The curvature of her back seems a bit off. The area of her shoulder blades appears to be at too much of an angle, giving her a awkward stance. Maybe bringing her shoulders forward some, and her abs in as well would fix her posture. You've put a lot of detail around her neck, face, and hands, and not enough to shape her tummy. Overall not bad.
  • Empty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Empty polycounter lvl 18
    girlprofile.jpg
    That any better?