Home General Discussion

Superman Returns Teaser....

Replies

• ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    And wow, anyone notice the EA branding in there? Damn, that must have cost 'em millions. It's in the trailer too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha! So THATS why you didnt like it! They subliminally ruined it for you! :P
    Kidding of course...

I personally enjoyed it very much, and really liked that there weren't explosions every 30 seconds. Superman is so powerful I think, his real struggles & challenges are on a more personal level. This film was a exploration of that, not just his continuing battle with Luthor. Its a theme that is common in hero tales. Spiderman & MaryJane? Sometimes despite all that power, you cannot have the things you want the most. Engaging my emotions, not just my adrenaline.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    It never ceases to utterly amaze me when people get childishly pissy when somebody else doesn't like something that they like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, lighten up. I don't even take myself seriously.

It's not that they didn't like it. People scrutinize the most trivial of details, and miss the big picture. Or they simple didn't understand. I enjoyed the film. But, I also enjoyed The Hulk...so what do i know?

Couldn't agree more, Scoob.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    the reasons that i didnt like it had nothing to do with not being enough explosions or actions,, i'm not really a fan of popcorn action,, what i disliked was that it tried to have substance and "heart" but it came off poorly,, felt like a tv show stretched out into 3 hours with lots of extra footage of him pouting.

yeah i agree with daz about the casting being too young, the actor and actress playing jimmy and lois were both like 24 years old.. supe himself is only a few years younger than that,, they seemed like kids hired for their pretty factor.. it seems older actors are a rarity now days, unless its one of the big name stars. i mean heck margot kidder was 30 when she first played lois i believe. and reeve was 27 or 28, i didnt mind the age thing when i first heard of the movie, cause i thought they were doing a prequel thing. but it just seemed extreme being 5 years after.

so over all my complaints are just with poor writing directing and casting.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    I dunno what I think about it yet, I kinda like it. Sure not everything made sense, but was still better then x3..

I got to say tho, at the end, faaaack, I wanted it to end. Omg Longest ending ever. IT IS SUPERMAN!, or jesus, Whatever work for ya. har har.

Was ok.

ben
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I saw it last night and thought it was pretty good. The ending was torture though, I had to race like a pisshorse!

I noticed some really weird looking planets in the flyby during the opening credits are they actual worlds from the comics?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    PROBABLY A SPOILER!!!...

honestly, i wanted them to end it with the "Superman is dead" scene. Set up for an awesome sequel. But all the kids would probably cry.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    this movie might have been awesome if you know... there was a awesome bad guy doing awesome things. As it is, we have a over used bad guy, making an island. Yea...

Now, if they'd put in Doomsday, it would rock. But of course not.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Oh but not just any ol' island aesir. An ugly slab of rock, in place of a perfectly good land mass that was already there before. Um yeah, I found the overall evil plot to be really bizarre actually.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    AHAHA, ya I didnt get that shit either, seem halfass stuff. , but hey who doesnt need some nasty piece of weirdly ass shape rock?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Great Superman movie.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    was good, routh has the voice, but still looks like a pussy compared to reeve or welling.
    hopefully they'll turn the kid into bizarro or doomsday for the next movie
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    I didnt dig the movie much either.

Bad editing like Daz pointed out. I totally felt the same way about the biplane part.

Cheezey stupid evil plot, growing landmasses out in the ocean. Where were the billions of lives in jeopardy?

I'm guessing some fish were swiming around and were like,, WTF !!!!!!!

Lois was not "cute" enough, she was kinda stoic and had no personality. I wish she died in the airplane, because she took her seatbelt off.

The jesus / superman is dead thing should have been done better, and saved for another movie,, not the first film.

Ughh.

CAtching everything that was falling from a building got repetitive too.

I thought the story was horribly miscommunicated that superman went out to krypton, and came back. I just seamed crammed in there. I thought the meteor scene was a flashback to when he arrived on earth.

I would much rather have seen scenes of some shadowed figure looking upon a vast abyss of krypton with an intencse emotional view of his sadened face with dramatic lighting So you couldnt exactly see a full view of superman and his bright colors.

Then show some sort of scene of his journy back from krypton. (not the opening credits)

I'd give it a C.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Singer is clearly a bit too much in love with his own love letter to the first Superman movie, that much is true. It's refreshing unironic, but some of the beats are a bit too rote and the pacing is rather questionable in places. Still a pretty strong piece of cinema, or at very least a vehicle to jog Superman back to level of franchise it ought to be.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug growing new continents in the ocean would flood the current continents,, therefore killing billions of people,, i think this was just his first one which.. well just rumbled one citty a little bit, those other hand full of crystal better do something bigger to flood the world
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    if we're going to pick nits... (OMG SPOILERS) so it's clearly established that the magic crystal island is growing out somewhere in the Atlantic ocean, not terribly far from Metropolis (NYC). So why is it that after Luthor and Kitty escape in the helicopter, that they end up on a tropical island? I guess crystal island land expanded big enough to put the chopper in flying range of Florida and the Carribean?
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    obviously lex had a tiny sliver of crystal left, and he wrapped it with some sand and a bit of coconut and threw it in the ocean

why didnt he just get a lil gold, wrap around the crystals and grow him some gold in some private hiddel lakes.