Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Talent needed for Half Life 2 mod

cold_Fusion
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
cold_Fusion polycounter lvl 18
Alright, first off, I'm new here (I've been visiting the site/forum for several months, but this is my first post), so hello everyone. I'm a 3d artist hoping to one day get a job in the gaming industry.

I'm the leader of a mod team creating a total conversion mod for Half Life 2 called The Arias Protocol. It will be somewhat like a cross between action and stealth (similar to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory), where the player is given the choice to sneak around, or simply shoot everyone. It will take place in 2017, but before I go into more detail, here is the story:

In early 2008, the US, while developing an experimental tractor beam technology, discovered a rare, highly resonant molecular compound. They found that it could be used to power the tractor beam and, due to its efficiency, were able to save billions. Several weeks later, US satellites discovered large amounts of the compound buried in five African countries: Gambia, Senegal, Algeria, Mali, and Mauritania. These countries joined to form the North African Coalition, and began exporting the compound to the US, through a large shipping company called Africa International. The US, in return, provided the NAC with funding and military supplies.

Soon after this, a Nigerian terrorist organization began bombing NAC refineries that are processing the compound. Almost immediately, the NAC retaliated, launching a war to eradicate the terrorists. After several years, the bombings grew less frequent, and the NAC believed it had almost reached its goal. But then, a small shipment of the compound went missing, and the NAC intercepted a message sent by the terrorist group to the US: "Withdrawal all troops from foreign countries within six months or face the consequences. You have one week to respond."

Now, the NAC must determine where the terrorists have taken the compound, and retrieve it before it's too late.

The player will take on the role of Kamau Muenda, a Gambian agent who works for the NAC's intelligence division. Now I'll tell you about a couple of the gadgets we have planned, and then on to some media.

-Wrist Mounted Computer-
The WMC is exactly what it sounds like: a computer mounted on the player's wrist. It can be used to control certain gadgets, or store useful information.

-Secondary Control Operated Undetectable Tracking (SCOUT) unit-
The SCOUT unit is a tiny device a little larger than a mosquito. It flies through the air with a small camera mounted on it, and is controlled via the wrist mounted computer. The SCOUT also carries small doses of two different drugs. One is lethal, and kills nearly instantly. The other is a powerful hallucinogen which, after approximately 10 seconds, causes the victim to become extremely paranoid and aggressive.

Now for some concept art and renders. Some of the concept images are pretty large.

-Concept Art-

Our main character, Kamau:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/c/o/cold_fusion/kamau.jpg
http://bellsouthpwp.net/c/o/cold_fusion/kamau_old.jpg

A stealth helicopter:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/c/o/cold_fusion/stealthhelicopter.jpg

-Renders-

NAC Assault Rifle:
NACassault.jpg

NAC Sniper Rifle:
NACsniper.jpg

That's all the media for now, so on to the available positions. So far, the team consists of:

cold_Fusion - Leader, 3d Artist
Red_Rifle - Co-leader, Level Designer, Mapper
Oruboros - Concept Artist
spyd3rpaintball - 3d Artist
ImaTard - Coder
SonicAudio - Sound Artist
X0Anime0X - Beta Tester

We are trying to fill the following positions:

One 3d Artist (will be in charge of characters)
Two 2d Artists
One coder (must be familiar with Source engine)
One web designer

If you have any questions or are interested in joining the team, please email me (cold_fusion@bellsouth.net), message me on AIM (cold Fusion CZ), or post on our forum: http://s9.invisionfree.com/Threshold_Games/index.php?
Please include samples of your work.